Search results

1. M

Replacement server option - Gigabyte R282-Z92 a good option?

Just looking for some second-hand 2U replacement server for some lab work. Looking at the R282-Z92 with a dual low-end epyc CPU - spotted this on eBay, anything I should be looking out for, or opinions on a better option...
  2. M

WTB: ICX6450 Rack Ears

I'm hoping that someone here has some unused rack ears that would fit an ICX6450? Ebay's got some but they want 50+50 shipping, maybe someone knows other ones that might fit too. Thanks
  3. M

Xeon E5-26XX Question and Clarification

I am trying to figure out the value difference between an E5-2680V1 and an E5-2697V2 on the LGA2011 platform. According to the basic spec sheet comparison (Intel® Product Specification Comparison) at Intel the architecture looks vary similar with the exception of the extra cores/threads and a...
  4. M

GPU Passthrough - ESXi 6.7.0 - AMD and NVIDIA

Ok confusion abounds when trying to get GPU pass-through to work in a combination of host/guest configs, maybe we can try to simplify things as there is a lot going on. Maybe a few questions with people's experience will help everyone and try to document my experiments along the way. Different...
  5. M

LSI SAS2008 Performance - GA-7PESH2 - RAID10

So I've built a new server with the GA-7PESH2 as the basis for the system thinking that the onboard LSI SAS2008 controller would be good enough for my needs and I'm a little underwealmed by the current performance. Hardware - GA-7PESH2 MB, LSI SAS2008 controller, one of the breakout cables is...
  6. M

Advice needed: Proxmox vs vSphere

Just looking for a little seasoned advice here. I'm building a server for the house to do a few things: 1- Host files, NAS type stuff for use in a Plex mediaserver setup 2- Backup files, from both local OSX laptops and from a remote datacenter (vSphere) 3- Host virtual machines, Plex as noted...
  7. M

GA-7PESH2 - Looking for vSphere CIM Provider

After installing vSphere on this board, I'm trying to find out if anyone has a better VIB that provides CIM information for system monitoring (SAS2008 controller/drives, etc). All of the temps and fan speeds get reported but no information from the LSI controller. Thanks