Search results

1. A

[FS/FT][US-TX] 750GB intel Optane P4800X [W] 400GB Optane P5800X/P5810X / Paypal

Ouch, rough timing posted when the Newegg deal of the day includes a 1.5TB 905p for $399 new.
  2. A

Intel DC P4610 6.4TB U.2 3 DWPD $349

I'm seeing notifications for non-sense in a thread I've been attempting to provide meaningful tangible insights WRT actual deals. Of course suggesting I'm free to abandon the topic rather than being ashamed at your part in threadjacking to pontificate on speculative BS is precisely the sort of...
  3. A

I would really appreciate it if you folks would take your bickering somewhere else.
  4. A

Delivery attempted yesterday, the seller sent them adult signature required. I picked them up today; HPE branded, matching SN clamshells, pristine labels, absolutely no sign of dust, minor scuffing more like smudging on the bottom, and warranty checks come back valid till 2027.01.27. I...
  5. A

Found the same PN listed as new for $299 on eBay. I offered $270 for Qty 2, countered with $290, accepted at $285/ea. https://www.ebay.com/itm/186120252600
  6. A

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro CSE-M35 5x3.5" Hot Swap SATA CSE-M35T-1B

For me specifically a pro was evolution, these cases started our with 5 in 3 bays that held PATA drives, then moved to Supermicro SATA 5 in 3s. I only upgraded those to the Icy Dock tray-less versions because I got a ridiculous deal on them. The evolution continued more recently when I picked up...
  7. A

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro CSE-M35 5x3.5" Hot Swap SATA CSE-M35T-1B

For roughly 20 years I've had a 3RU Supermicro chassis with a completely open face of 9x 5.25" bays that holds three of these and another 4RU chassis that Intel was using back then that similarly accommodates 9x 5.25" in addition to a single 3.5" bay.
  8. A

Arista QSFP-40G-U 40G QSFP+ BiDi $25

That tracks, FS was the only source I'd found to make me doubt my initial assertion and it does look like they're referencing/matching someone else's PN but in their graphic none of these things are actually BiDi.
  9. A

It looks like I may be mistaken though since a quick search turns up SWDM MMF BiDi QSFPs with two LC connectors, we just have no use for these odd ball devices in DWDM transmission networking.
  10. A

These aren't BiDi XCVRs, BiDis will only have a single LC port with Tx & Rx MUXed onto a single fibre. They will specify Tx/Rx wavelengths requiring more attentive sparing since each end will have a different specific part number required to link. The links you've provided are colour coded for...
  11. A

Dell Wyse 3040 $35 OBO

The barrels aren't physically compatible, not that I would willfully destroy something even if they had requested a return of anything. They've indicated they are sending "the correct model". I'm not clear if they're sending a 5v PS, a 12v 3040, or a matching pair...
  12. A

Dell Wyse 3040 $35 OBO

I received a 12v power supply and a 5v Wyse 3040. I have scores of 12v power supplies, 5v not so much. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue without excessive hassle.
  13. A

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

SLOG (Seperate Intent Log) is a special VDEV that replaces ZIL (ZFS Intent Log) writes to the main VDEVs. ASync writes go to RAM then the pool in transaction groups, they don't hit ZIL/SLOG. Sync writes are committed to ZIL/SLOG before being committed to primary VDEVs in transaction groups...
  14. A

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

In the past I'd seen numerous references to SLOG flushing every five seconds, I presume that's still the case. How many home labbers need more than the 50GB to buffer 100GbE. Mostly it's merely alleviating seek contention and write amplification to the slowest link in the pool, your spinning...
  15. A

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

That's what I'm thinking, router boot drive. Let the logs thrash it as hard as they want.
  16. A

[SOLD][FS][US-CA] 6 x 12TB WD HC520 SATA 3.5" HDDs

5 bloody minutes, Aestr my WD 102 drive JBOD is still hungry and now hates you. ;-)
  17. A

[US][US-CA] Gigabyte AMD Epyc server and some other networking stuff.

Potentially interested buyers might be curious how many dimms constitute that 128GB. I've been keeping an eye out for a deal on that motherboard, if you were parting out I'd also want to know if the mainboard is Rev 1.0 or Rev 3.0.
  18. A

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Nearline backup, S3 availability zone replicas, yada yada. Ball park 0.02 DWPD.... on magnetic media, fast filed in useless trivia that makes you go hmmm.
  19. A

FS: All gone

It looks like those Blues are rated 500TBW, can you provide SMART data for TBW already used?
  20. A

[FS][US-W][WA-SEA] Brocade ICX6610-48-PE switch - $180

Are the stacking ports restricted or can they support 40G clients?