Search results

1. A

Searching for an affordable RAID card that can also function in MIXED mode (RAID + JBOD)

In case anybody else is (or will be) looking for this, I am glad to report that I have succeeded in my endeavor. More exactly: My Adaptec 71605 card functions very well under Windows Server 2016 in RAID Mode with RAW disks sent directly to the OS. This means that no mode change is necessary...
  2. A

Searching for an affordable RAID card that can also function in MIXED mode (RAID + JBOD)

Thank you for that useful information! After searching a lot yesterday, I have found mentions that, indeed, also Adaptec cards Series 7 is able to do this, form a certain firmware version forwards - since Series 8 is way to expensive yet. I looked on Ebay and did not found any 7805 cards, but...
  3. A

Thank you for your input. - Target OS - Windows Server 2016 I am thinking to add a RAID-6 array using 4 x 4 TB drives and also have another (up to) 4 drives presented directly to the OS (pass-through). A 2xSAS port card (= up to 8 sata drives) is ok for the number of ports. Since the LSI...
  4. A

Do you want to say that - for example - implementations of LSI 3108 (albeit expensive) does not have a good implementation for what I want (RAID + JBOD at the same time, without the need to declare single disk Raid-0 arrays)? For example I was looking at Dell Perc H730, but I can't find...
  5. A

Well, I could use two cards at once IF I had the needed slots... This was my first option of course, but it would require to change my current setup: - Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 motherboard (Micro-ATX) - Ryzen 1600 CPU with NO embedded graphic - 2 x PCI-e x 16 slots - 1 x PCI-e x 1 slot Since my...
  6. A

Well, searching for a 3108 card I found cards that ARE expensive. I have a DYI server, so no DELL or HP components for example and need something to work with my hardware. What specific card would you recommend? For example, would a Dell Perc 730 be able to function properly without Dell...
  7. A

Hello, I am a 40+ years old guy but very recently started to dabble into the "SAS RAID Controller" world. I have created sort of a home server (in name), where I would like to use such a card. In the beginning I bought a Dell Perc H200 card (without knowing what I buy exactly), my initial...