Search results

1. N

Intel SSD DC P4500 15.3TB - "Disable Logical State" "NVMe Status 0x4006"- anything to do ?

Yes. Well the seller seems to be a ltd company but the drives came from China.
  2. N

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Anybody tryed plugging a SAS Controler on these motherboard ? (Namely an old LSI 9211-8i) Bios seems not to be comptabile, maybe too old ?
  3. N

Intel SSD DC P4500 15.3TB - "Disable Logical State" "NVMe Status 0x4006"- anything to do ?

Unfortunately doesn't work 8 month after the transaction ;) (I tested them when I recieved them, they were perfectly fine - zero hours, zero bytes written)
  4. N

The layout is indeed not optimal but as a serverboard for virtualization node it would be fine.
  5. N

Thanks for the heads up, very nice deal. (wanted to get these when they were announced, ended up with asrock rack as there was more availability)
  6. N

Nothing at my side so far, but any information about your drive that that you can give is interesting (model / source / age / serial number known from Solidigm / runtime hours, .....)
  7. N

Thank you for your input. I have checked my ssd's againt Solidigm online tool and as you can see below, no data is available for these serials. I have Solidigm support by chat, they also checked into their database and they can't find any reference to my serial numbers. But yes, we did not...
  8. N

One died, mdadm was still working on the survivor, I did a cold shutdown / reboot and both drives where dead. (and on the scond pair of drives I have the same case, one of the raid1 members is dead, but I still have the other running. I am keeping it online as long as possible to run tests)
  9. N

Really looks like some firmware bug, the drive is detected but "logical state" prevents access to data, so yes instant dead "by firmware". These drive have a very high TBW endurance, even if they are considered read intensive, I don't think that they are worn out. I also had Intel ssd being used...
  10. N

From the smartctl values they had "zero" hours or runtime when I plugged them. But this is very fishy as I contacted Intel and Solidigm and none of them is able to locate the serial numbers in their database. (yet they can identify an HP Branded one). So out of 4 drives 3 dead ones and I dont't...
  11. N

Tested both solidigm and intel firmware update iso but they don' want to perform the update, I also tested with the SST tool and same issue. The " Selected drive is in a disable logical state " status seems to prevent the software to work on the drive. I read that these drives had a huge...
  12. N

Thank you for your input, they wer is a simple linux mdadm RAID1, nothing fancy. Both died at the same time yes. I will look for the Solidigm tools and check if I can do anything.
  13. N

Hello I have a pair of Intel SSD DC P4500 15.3Tb that was running a softwaire raid1 that just seem to have died. SmartCtl returns the following : smartctl -x /dev/nvme0 smartctl 7.1 2020-08-23 r5080 [x86_64-linux-4.18.0-305.el8.x86_64] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-19, Bruce Allen...
  14. N

ZFS vs. BTRFS: Safest Choice for Dummies?

" ZFS is a registered trademark belonging to Oracle."
  15. N

x4x4 PCIe to Dual M.2 for 1u Chassis?

Something like this but for x8 ? https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=RB1U4M2_G4#Specifications Maybe try it to see what works in your setup ?
  16. N

LSI 9311-8i - Windows Server 2019 drive monitoring

Hello I am having trouble finding a way to get notification / monitoring of SAS drives plugged onto an LSI9311-8i card under windwos 2019. We can see the drive and array status with the megaraid software but how can we set up something to get notifications in case of drive failure ? Also, we...
  17. N

The Infamous Mikrotik CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+ Thread

Thank you for your feedback tenos, this input show the randomness of the issue. (3 / 9 affected..) At our side we have tested SwOS in a setup where it was only passing IPMI traffic over 4 differnt vlans and we still got the issue. Did you order them all at the same time or do you have different...
  18. N

This is some very interesting feedback as it show that some models are running fine in some use cases... At our side we also had them in datacenter, simple configuration, no changes and got the port freezes on all devices quite quickly. We had one unit that kept running smooth for 12 month and...
  19. N

Regarding the noise, as long as you do not have all ports plugged it is reasonable... but if you choose to get this switch, be prepared to get only 40 copper ports available at best and globally a crippled device. Then yes it's cheap and reliability is sometimes random but we are here at a...
  20. N

Hi everyone, I wanted to create a thread regarding this particular switch from Mikrotik, namely the CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+. While this looked like a dream of a switch, packing 48 copper 1G ports, 4 SFP+ Cages and 2 QSFP+ and dual PSU for less thant 500$, it turned out to be a nightmare and an...