Search results

1. B

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

I've tried just for the sake of it, and it doesn't work. You need the pulse generator.
  2. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Nope. Looked over the components on the top, and couldn't see anything on the top of the board at least. Haven't investigated the underside of the board, as it would require a bit more disassembly.
  3. B

Hi, I managed to short out the 12V on the rear right fan module, and now the connector appears to be dead (doesn't recognize a fan module when inserted). The rear left fan module still works fine. Does anyone by chance know if there is any resettable fuses for this, or anything that can be...
  4. B

Thanks very much for the guide, helped me get started. Just finished the modifications myself. Extremely quiet, and excellent cooling performance. I experienced a rapid failure of the pulse generator (3hrs into my test). The chip was running extremely hot, so I had even mounted a alu-heat sink...
  5. B

Very good overview! What signal generator was used for this? The one linked above? Do you have any pictures of the switch after the modifications?
  6. B

Managed 24 port poe+ switch with 4x 10GBase-T

Brocade ICX-6450-24P should be perfect for you. There's even one for around 150GBP in UK. Grab it before Brexit. Brocade ICX6450-24P 24-Port Gig PoE Switch + 4 X SFP Ports | eBay 6450-24P | eBay
  7. B

I am definitely one of those guys. Got the 6450-24 due to the overwhelmingly positive comments in this thread, and later upgraded to the 6610-48P again due to this thread.
  8. B

Yeah, you'd need to replace all the fans, and you would still need to have the RPM generator as mentioned above to make sure the switch actually boots (as it won't boot if the RPM is too low) Personally I'd be more inclined to use this with the existing fans...
  9. B

Hi, I doubt that it would work (could be wrong). The PWM signal to the fan is sent at a frequency of 25kHz and have a voltage between 0-5V, and from what I can see of a typical RPM signal it is pulled low two times per revolution (8000 RPM = 16000 pull low/min = 267 / second), which is far from...
  10. B

Hi, Might be a long shot, but does anyone know the ECCN and CCATS number for the ICX-6610-48P? My freight forwarder has been unable to get the numbers. Based on what I see online, the ECCN should be: 5A002, but I am unable to find the CCATS number. Edit: OK, this is getting a bit ridiculous...
  11. B

Just picked up a ICX6610-48P-PE for 359USD including shipping to replace my now mixed assortment of switches. Currently have a ICX-6450-24, an HP 1810-24G and a Mikrotik CRS-309. Might actually end up with more or less the same power consumption...