Search results

1. C

x11 x12 bios chips SOIC8 SOIC16

It looks like supermicro has been using socketed 8-pin and 16-pin bios chips. Are these dual socketed chips both bios chips and one a recovery bios?, or is one for IPMI/BMC? Can anyone tell me the why they are not identical SOIC8 chips?
  2. C

Xeon W-3200 Motherboard Compatibility

Is xeon w-32xx series compatible with all single socket LGA 3647 motherboards?
  3. C

"Screwed Drivers" OEM firmware and drivers two steps behind in security

Eclypsium Company, a USA based security research business, has published a report on August 10, 2019 which details their analysis of the industry climate regarding driver maintenance and security. Their findings indicate that there is a near universal industry culture around deployment of...
  4. C

Xeon E5 V4 Expiration Date / Use Deadline: 2020/06/30

I found this interesting, I grabbed the opportunity to buy 3 xeon e5 v4 with a steep discount from amazon.co.jp itself, not through a seller. When they arrived, in amazon packaging, very well packaged, I realized that one had been opened. I assume a heatgun was used on the serial number /...
  5. C

Supermicro Atom C3758 1u Superserver and IoTs

Hello, I am finding this server 5019A-FTN4 at a decent price but I am somewhat confused about its utility. The motherboard is an A2SDi-8C-HLN4F, Atom C3758, which is a decent offering, but it is not specific about the technologies in the 4xGbE ports. While the motherboard has Intel Quick Assist...
  6. C

SATA DOM with Write Protection or RAID

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which has two (2) Sata DOMs. I have seen that some type of Sata DOM include write protection. Can someone tell me how does the write protection on/off feature work on these SSD? Also if I install the boot system in raid then enable write protection, would a...
  7. C

Gigabyte Proprietary CRA220-8 Mezzanine type SAS Raid Card

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which is one of three motherboards to accomodate the CRA220-8 type raid card. It seems that because of its age, a 2016 motherboard, these cards are very hard to locate. Does anyone know how I can find this part for sale? It is necessary to make active the 8 SAS...
  8. C

4U+ or Tower Chassis with pcie riser slot

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which puts the CPU sockets right behind the PCIE lanes, so full length graphics cards cannot fit. For this I would have to use a riser cable, and I am searching for a chassis that can accomodate full hight pcie cards, and has a relocated dual slot for GPU. Has...