Search results

1. C

x11 x12 bios chips SOIC8 SOIC16

It looks like supermicro has been using socketed 8-pin and 16-pin bios chips. Are these dual socketed chips both bios chips and one a recovery bios?, or is one for IPMI/BMC? Can anyone tell me the why they are not identical SOIC8 chips?
  2. C

Need a heatsink for Xeon E-2278G

it depends what chassis you are using. scythe coolers are quite popular at the moment
  3. C

LGA 2011-3 Upgrade Path?

Maybe I am missing your big point. i7 chips are among the worst in the intel lineup and nobody else that I know would ever mistake the use case for a xeon e5 v4/3 with an i7 10th generation. Also neither the i7 nor the W-2200 series does dual CPU, and so I am not sure the point you are making...
  4. C

Scalable CPUs to watch

It doesnt have enough cores. Not even close
  5. C

LGA 2011-3 Upgrade Path?

seriously look into xeon w-2295.18 core/36 thread intel cpus from late 2019 for $1400 usd. If you have the nice lga 2011 coolers too they should work just fine on the lga2066 cpus.
  6. C

Xeon W-3200 Motherboard Compatibility

Is xeon w-32xx series compatible with all single socket LGA 3647 motherboards?
  7. C

"Screwed Drivers" OEM firmware and drivers two steps behind in security

Eclypsium Company, a USA based security research business, has published a report on August 10, 2019 which details their analysis of the industry climate regarding driver maintenance and security. Their findings indicate that there is a near universal industry culture around deployment of...
  8. C

Xeon E5 V4 Expiration Date / Use Deadline: 2020/06/30

wiredzone.com is now listing xeon e5 v4 SKUs as "discontinued"
  9. C

Xeon E5 V4 Expiration Date / Use Deadline: 2020/06/30

I found this interesting, I grabbed the opportunity to buy 3 xeon e5 v4 with a steep discount from amazon.co.jp itself, not through a seller. When they arrived, in amazon packaging, very well packaged, I realized that one had been opened. I assume a heatgun was used on the serial number /...
  10. C

Supermicro Atom C3758 1u Superserver and IoTs

I ended up picking up the Supermicro A2SDV-16C-TLN5F, Atom 3958, and I will put it inside an SC515-R407. This motherboard has 4x 10-GBase-T from an onboard Intel X557. In the PCI-E x8 slot I'm going to deploy an Intel X710-DA2. This combination should be a strong performer as a security...
  11. C

Supermicro Atom C3758 1u Superserver and IoTs

Hello, I am finding this server 5019A-FTN4 at a decent price but I am somewhat confused about its utility. The motherboard is an A2SDi-8C-HLN4F, Atom C3758, which is a decent offering, but it is not specific about the technologies in the 4xGbE ports. While the motherboard has Intel Quick Assist...
  12. C

How do you cool Pentium G4400 in a 1U form factor?

So what you are saying is you are using the stock cooler for the c3000 with socket FCBGA1310, and the stock cooler is passive so you fastened the dynatron blower on top of your passive stock cooler? How is that working for your temps? Is there no aftermarket cooler which fits the FCBGA1310?
  13. C

4U+ or Tower Chassis with pcie riser slot

Please post if you have any knowledge of cases which have a PCIE 7 + 2 or similar configuration. I am not interested in test benches. I have located one chassis with this feature, it is actually very nice but quite expensive as well. The be quiet! Dark Base 700 Chassis
  14. C

SATA DOM with Write Protection or RAID

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which has two (2) Sata DOMs. I have seen that some type of Sata DOM include write protection. Can someone tell me how does the write protection on/off feature work on these SSD? Also if I install the boot system in raid then enable write protection, would a...
  15. C

Gigabyte Proprietary CRA220-8 Mezzanine type SAS Raid Card

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which is one of three motherboards to accomodate the CRA220-8 type raid card. It seems that because of its age, a 2016 motherboard, these cards are very hard to locate. Does anyone know how I can find this part for sale? It is necessary to make active the 8 SAS...
  16. C

4U+ or Tower Chassis with pcie riser slot

Hello I have a Gigabyte MD60-SC0 which puts the CPU sockets right behind the PCIE lanes, so full length graphics cards cannot fit. For this I would have to use a riser cable, and I am searching for a chassis that can accomodate full hight pcie cards, and has a relocated dual slot for GPU. Has...