Search results

1. R

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/psa-vmware-esxi-7-0-does-not-like-consumer-nvme-drives.28954/ Looking for something that's TLC with DRAM at 1TB for as little as possible. With SSD prices falling I'll just wait to upgrade that box to 7 until I can swap something else in. The...
  2. R

I've got no temp monitoring like I do with my 'real' rack servers. Maybe there is a way to utilize AMT or something as a poor man's IPMI, but I don't think so. I've since grabbed a cheap HP Elitedesk 800 mini G2 to add another node. If anyone has good suggestions for ESXi 7 compatible NVME...
  3. R

I finally bit the bullet when I saw that there was a warehouse deal on these 32GB Samsung sticks of RAM. I can happily report that the Optiplex 7050 micro is working great with 64GB of RAM under ESXi 7. The exact RAM I bought: Samsung 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory Module for Laptop Computers...
  4. R

I just bought a Dell Micro 7050 with an i7 6700T and am very impressed with it. Runs ESXi 7 without an issue and sips power, roughly 10W on idle. With my transition to docker I'm looking to replace a DL360p which idles at 10 times that. Before I order 2x16GB sticks of RAM to replace the 2x8 it...