Search results

1. Fake Moth

Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 default BMC password?

Thanks for the hint - never used it even if heard about it; worked just fine after getting the hang of it!
  2. Fake Moth

Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 default BMC password?

Hello - this is ridiculous: got my new MZ32-AR0 motherboard and a defective EPYC 7402P (damaged during transport), waited for the second CPU to arrive, I still miss some cables but I managed and after like 3-4 months I try to make use of my new server. Works fine. But no BMC for me, nooo sir...
  3. Fake Moth

Any new Supermicro motherboard on the pipe for EPYC Rome?

Just wanted to say that in the name of diversity and for the sake of of personal growth I ordered for two weeks now a Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 (rev. 1.0) :) In fact a whole server with 7402P, SM case and PSUs, 4x16GB for now, etc. Seems like a neat MB - used GB in my workstations for years, until I...
  4. Fake Moth

Pure speculation, via the Supermicro parteners.
  5. Fake Moth

Anyone tried Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 motherboard in a Supermicro 213AC-R920LPB chassis?

As the title says. Even if on paper doesn't seem I could run into problems, the case being E-ATX compatible, did anyone tried this combo? Are there any gotchas I should be aware? In my experience the 213AC-R920LPB has some pretty short power cables, to say the least. But there are a lot of...
  6. Fake Moth

Will. Not. Buy. Proprietary. Formats. LoL. Let me tell you a story. There was once a sysadmin that took over a "datacenter". He enters the server room and looks around: - IBM, HP, Dell, SUN, FSC server brands; - if there were two of the same brand, they were literally an 1U and a 2U... - there...
  7. Fake Moth

The same in my country, more than 2 months or so for ATX and E-ATX H12. Only H11 revision 2 for now - and I will order two of them. And I hate loosing PCIE 4... Just zoomed the MB in the video with the smooth talking - that is the old H11SSL-NC :rolleyes: Also H11 for the dual CPU MB. But the...
  8. Fake Moth

Thank you all for the great input! As soon as I get back from the vacation I will ask nation wide again. But it has been too quiet on the SM side of motherboards to hope for anything anytime soon, so Gigabyte it is. But what about the the Rome P themselves - does anyone know anything about the...
  9. Fake Moth

Well the point (public shaming, really) is that on their awesome new website that currently throws all the js errors your ever saw (for a week now), they have a whole "Building blocks" section that doesn't have the... building blocks for the CPU of the decade. What kind of "first to market"(ing)...
  10. Fake Moth

All this talk of 64 core ROME EPYC 2 but...

Those are awesome parts for storage systems indeed. But in my case I am very grateful that I read something about 7402P, my next purchase. And STH was the only place - everyone else is doing the 64c/128t praise act; I really don't know any people and businesses that would buy that in my area at...
  11. Fake Moth

PS: how can I edit the damn poll, wrote "yout" not "your" ? :oops: Doesn't seem to let me edit the title...
  12. Fake Moth

As the title says, does anyone have any info about the new Supermicro motherboards for Rome; pretty disappointed with them launching only servers/storage and such... and no H12 MB? Or at least a revision for the excellent and very well priced H11SSL-NC? I wouldn't jump into the Gigabyte and...
  13. Fake Moth

Docker xmrig cryptonight universal

Hi, first time on STH but been a lurker for years; great website, love the benchmarks, love your direction, love the open source. I just wanted to confirm, I have the same problem with a bunch of physical and virtual machine - my usual choice is nanopool and I kinda' hate dwarfpool mainly...