Search results

1. C

Whats the Cheapest Way to Get 16-20TB SSD [single or multi drive]?

Does your motherboard support bifurcation? If so, and it sounds like you have a x8 slot free: something like this and a couple 8'ishTB U.2 (example) (example2) would work. Lots of 7.68TB enterprise models on Ebay with tons of life yet. But what are you trying to do? If it's just raw capacity...
  2. C

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

So... so far nobody has discovered a transceiver that lets the 2.5G copper version (TL-SH1008) talk to the 10G SFP+ version (TL-ST1008F v2)? Or the TL-SM410U does work? If you got 7x2.5G copper ports and 7x10G SFP+ ports (losing 1 port each for the bridge cable) that would be the cheapest...
  3. C

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

Is drive support for these shelves entirely determined by the controllers? I've been looking at a SC200 driven by a H200e (cheapest enclosure + HBA combo to start with?)... but I would want to reuse a stack of SATA drives I already own. I see old posts saying 8TB SATA drives work fine in a...
  4. C

Looking for an M.2 carrier card with PLX (4x M.2 on x16, no RAID)

A project that's releasing FPGAs-on-M.2 is also selling a 4-slot 16x PCIe card to match - out in a few weeks and only $149 USD: AcornNest X4 Has it's own PCIe switch, so will work on any motherboard and doesn't need BIOS bifurcation support.