Search results

1. S

Hyper-V Server Build Questions

Yup, typo. 9460-16i Also realised today that my old Intel board only has 2 DIMMs per channel, so I will be testing the 12 core with only 48GB of RAM, not 72.
  2. S

Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, let me update it with my position and thoughts so far. Although my questions were hardware related, I feel I need to discuss my software configuration a bit as it directly impacts the hardware choices. As far as my original pool idea goes...
  3. S

Thanks David, awesome reply. I have not laid out what I am doing for storage quite yet, other than the fact that any drives will be at a minimum SAS, most likely on a MegaRAID 9361 type card. Any RAID that I do will be HW, not SW that is for sure. My existing server used WD RE3 drives on an...
  4. S

Thanks for the replies so far. The business is a product based business. We make a laundry detergent. We do all the design, marketing, etc. It is made by a third party, and we warehouse it. We also own the business, so liability is not a concern. Only caveat to that is I share a bed with the...
  5. S

Hi All I am in the process of building all new computers and server(s) for my wife's business. Up until now, we have been running on SBS2008 on a Core2 Duo E8500 with a whopping 8GB of RAM. Don't laugh. It has served us well until now, however, it is time to retire it. There is a strong...