Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX6450 - Help with VLAN Config/SFP Licensing Question

That's a good thing to remember - I can see where that'd be tedious, and over time, less accurate than an easy to edit diagram. I'm going full n00b here and posting my diagram. Probably embarrasing myself, but oh well. (things like the VID, I'm not sure are applicable here. I think they are, but...
  2. K

I'm up and running, for the most part. Very basic config, but something I can start out with One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get access remote access (telnet/ssh) as well as name my ports. I created the ve 1 like in fodeesha's site, and essentially added a few more config options...
  3. K

Thanks for responding - which ports come 10Gb ready out of the box? 1 & 2? I don't know if my 6450 had a license on it from the eBay seller, or if the factory set-default command I did might've cleared it out when I first set it up. I appreciate everyone's responses and deserve some critical...
  4. K

Thanks - I picked this switch up based off recommendations here knowing I would use likely only use 1% of its features. I'd be just fine with a 48 port unmanaged switch, but then it ends up being more expensive than these are used once you add in the need for PoE. What helped me most in the...
  5. K

Full disclosure - because I don't know any better. Doing all the routing through pfSense was clearer for me when I first started out. I would absolutely go forward with leveraging the switch's Layer 3 features if I felt more comfortable, but I'm not there yet. Is it painfully easy to do all the...
  6. K

I have a user VLAN (VLAN100) configured in pfSense. The uplink for pfsense is on 1/1/1. At this point, I want all 1/1/1->1/1/48 GbE ports on that VLAN as untagged access ports (I think?). Is my config file below way off? I know I'm missing the port range config somewhere. Also, in the future I...