Search results

1. yu130960

Fetch Capacity failed efi_alloc_and_init failed.

Update: Checked the firmware and the card firmware was not the issue as they were already on the latest 20.00.07.00.
  2. yu130960

It's been a while since I have flashed P20 to the cards, so I will have to check it. Thanks Gea! Edit: I just checked my firmware on the cards and they were all already running 20.00.07.00, so I'm at a loss as to why hot swapping is making system go crazy. Everything else has been super stable.
  3. yu130960

Through trial and error, I could repeat the error on a fresh napp-it install by pulling faulted drives while the system is running (hot swapping). The system would go crazy and even renamed one of my pools when I exported and reimported the pool to the same name as another pool (that was...
  4. yu130960

I left the resilvered of a 3tb drive to take place over night and it was at 30% completed and then woke up and it is only 15% completed with 7 hours to go. Weird behavior. Can I stop the resilver and reboot and test or should I let it go for the remaining 7 hours (current estimate). The rpool...
  5. yu130960

I upgraded to the newest AIO ESXI 6.7 OVA nap-it and imported my zfs pools. Getting this weird error message that I am not sure what it relates to. Fetch Capacity failed efi_alloc_and_init failed. Fetch Capacity failed efi_alloc_and_init failed. I am in the process of reslivering a drive, so...
  6. yu130960

OmniOS 151022 long term stable

I needed to do the following: pkg update pkg unset-publisher omnios pkg set-publisher -P --set-property signature-policy=require-signatures -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151022/ omnios pkg update reboot
  7. yu130960

pkg update: The certificate which issued this certificate: /C=US/ST=Maryland/L=Fulton/O=OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc./OU=OmniOS/CN=OmniOS r151022 Release Signing Certificate/emailAddress=omnios-support@omniti.com could not be found. The issuer is: /C=US/ST=Maryland/O=OmniTI Computer Consulting...
  8. yu130960

What are the exact steps to update from r20 to r22?
  9. yu130960

NVME Napp-It / OmniOS Pass through in ESXI -- date?

Done a pkg update. Thanks for the heads up.
  10. yu130960

SuperMicro Backplane Capacitor

Just replace the capacitor with the same spec capacitor.
  11. yu130960

Moving drives from onboard to 9211-8i.

I will remove the VMs from inventory and remount the drives under their new controller. Thanks
  12. yu130960

Moving drives from onboard to 9211-8i.

Looked and couldn't find an answer. If I shut down my host and move all the local data stores to a 9211-8i, will all the drives be recognized and the inventory of VMs which are located on the local datastores work? In other words, are the drives (onboard) identified based on drives or paths?
  13. yu130960

Please help me decide on what hdd to get for nas storage

2016 Hard Drive Reliabilty Benchmark Stats
  14. yu130960

8TB drives for raid - which to get?

FWIW WDC is the worst manufacturer in the chart for 2016 and in another thread Tom5051's bashed Hitachi as well.
  15. yu130960

Here is a timely blog article. Right or wrong, I base my decisions on BB blog results 2016 Hard Drive Reliabilty Benchmark Stats
  16. yu130960

Being from Canada, I saw a deal from dell on the 16tb My Duo enclosures ($609cdn) but I paused given that the reds are not fairing well on the backblaze studies. It seems like Seagates are doing better these days.
  17. yu130960

Script: Supermicro Host Fan control on on Napp-It (or maybe any Solaris OS?)

Just saw this and was wondering if anyone got it to work with X11?
  18. yu130960

Power Consumption SM X8DTH-IF L5639 --> X10SRL-F E526xx v3?

Am in the process of contemplating upgrading my server to cut down the power bill? I've got 24 spinners spread over 2 ZFS Raidz2 pools , so I am pretty sure that the 400 watts that I am currently drawing has a lot to do with them. Question that I am wrestling with is how much power savings am...