Search results

1. D

Hyper V Host System Drive Strategy

Thank you for the replies. I'm hearing that there is really no need to mirror the hyper-v host system disk itself. How about this approach? -Use one of the 500GB SSD's for the host in a small partition -Host the guest VM's in the remaining space -Have a replication/backup strategy...
  2. D

Hyper V Host System Drive Strategy

I'm seeing a lot of varying information on this subject. I am building a new Hyper-V home lab and want to setup my Host system drive + Guest system drive strategy. Have purchased two Samsung 860 500gb drives with the intent to mirror and solve for both host and then guest system drives in...
  3. D

Only half of the LSI 9210-8i is working?

That Solved it! It looked like it had a current firmware, but i downloaded new copies and reflashed... All is well. Thank you.
  4. D

Additionally, When I boot from a linux usb boot image. It will find all my drives. The 4 LSI HBA SCU drives plus the embedded motherboard SCU attached drives. It is just Hyper-V that is not finding the drives. I've tried manually installing the intel drivers via .inf files etc.
  5. D

Only one of the two 4x SAS ports on my LSI HBA appears to be working. I have an 8 drive backplane, this HBA card has one 4x port feeding the top 4 drives and the other 4x port feeding the bottom 4 drives. Only port 1, the slot at the back of the card works. Allowing the 4 drives connected to...
  6. D

X9DR3-LN4F+ And UEFI (GPT) Boot Priority Problems

forgot to mention, I have the latest 3.2 bios firmware installed.
  7. D

X9DR3-LN4F+ And UEFI (GPT) Boot Priority Problems

Hi All, I have a new (to me) home lab box with the X9DR3 (C606 chipset). I initially installed Hyper-V 2016 with GPT but I cannot get the system to self boot into the OS. I can manually (F11) choose my boot device each time and select "Windows Boot Manager" and it boots just fine. In the...