Search results

1. N

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

Cleaning out extra stuff with pickup in KC metro area. Prefer not to ship. All prices are OBO or can do package deal just to get rid of the stuff instead of dumping it all in the recycling bin. 2 - Netgear MCA1001 - Moca adaptors with 100mb port - $5ea 1 - Motorola/Arris SB6183 - 16/4 DOCSIS...
  2. N

Dell r730 vs r720 power usage

I currently have a couple of r720 based servers and was wondering what the power difference would be if I switched them with a pair of r730's with similar performance. I plan on re-using same drives and networking so that will be the same except server 1 will probably drop to a single HBA for...
  3. N

Micron S630DC drive temp

I got a few of the 3.2TB S630DC drives when they were on sale last year and have now finally started to use them in my Dell R720xd. In the rear drive bays with slower quiet ran speeds, they run around 49C - 55C when mostly idle depending on how warm the CPU's are. They run closer to 38-42C in...
  4. N

Dell R720xd backplane question

I have a LFF 12-bay Dell R720xd with the dual 2.5" rear drive bays. I saw another member replaced the 8-bay SFF front backplane in his R720 with the R730 SAS3 backplane with no issues and wondered if it was just because it is a "dumb" backplane vs the one in the xd with the built in expander...