Search results

1. T

EU [sold] [FS] Ruckus R710 WiFi PoE Access Point - Unleashed

Model: Ruckus 901-R710-WW00 Indoor 802.11ac Wave 2 4x4:4 Wi-Fi Access Point Full functional. The device was running till shortly together with other devices in my Unleashed set-up. Selling as used without further accessories, as shown on pictures Device is supported by actual Unleashed...
  2. T

EU [SOLD] [FS] Ruckus R510 WiFi PoE Access Point - Unleashed

Model: Ruckus 901-R510-WW00 Mid-range 802.11ac Wave 2 dual-concurrent AP with MU-MIMO and BeamFlex+ Full functional. The device was running till shortly together with other devices in my Unleashed set-up. Selling as used without further accessories, as shown on pictures Device is supported by...
  3. T

Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) and WiFi roaming

Hello, how does Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) works across a network with multiple WiFi access points connected to different switches? I do not really need the DAI feature but I am playing around to get a better understanding. The basics of DHCP snooping and ARP Inspection and the function of...
  4. T

Subnet, routing and gateway: Basic question

Hello, I have a basic question to get the right understanding for routing of subnets. Below a simplified scetch of the network. My questions referring to the /22 subnet 192.168.0.0/22 that is split in two /24 subnets LAN_1 (192.168.2.0/24) and LAN_2 (192.168.5.0/24). When I assign the firewall...
  5. T

Network topology – router, VLAN subnets

Hello, Hopefully someone could help me to optimise my network topology and move L3 routing to the right side L3 switch. To move L3 routing from firewall/router on the left side between LAN and DMZ to the Ruckus ICX in a different set-up, I once did in the past with help from here. The reason...
  6. T

U.2 cheaper than M.2 NVME and 2.5" SATA drives?

Is it possible that U.2 drives are getting cheaper than M.2 NVME and 2.5" SATA drives? Two or three years ago I did research to upgrade the two HDD storage drives in my workstation. SATA SSD fulfils my needs for speed. Due to several reasons including increasing prices for SSD I postponed my...
  7. T

Home server update: LGA 2011-3 + Xeon E5 V3/V4

Hello, is nowadays a LGA 20311-3 with Xeon E5 V3/V4 still a good bang for the bug to upgrade a home server? Or is it blast from the past? Can I expect bigger changes in power efficiency or performance for newer platforms? Are there better ways to go today? For close to a decade, I am running...
  8. T

Ruckus SpeedFlex from AP to AP

Hello, can Rucks SpeedFlex be started from mobile phone App and used to test the line speed over Ethernet between two Ruckus AP in Unleashed set-up? I have installed a Ruckus R710 and a R510 in unleashed set-up at home and I am more than happy about the performance boost I got in comparison...
  9. T

Ruckus R350 vs. R710

Hello, how the Ruckus R350 performs in 802.11ac (Wifi 5) mode in comparison to the R710? I am upgrading my small home network from an old Cisco 802.11ac AP. Speed is not my main focus today, but a good connection in my home with concrete walls. Today, most of my devices are wired (home server...
  10. T

reasons for SATA SSD over NVMe?

Hello, are there any reasons to prefer SATA TLC SSD over NVMe TLC SSD? I have to replace my storage discs in my PC. One of the HDD in the Storage Spaces Mirror is dying. There is no heavy load on this storage. Manly read access. And mainly archived data. Basically, the data I want to have...
  11. T

Ruckus / Brocade ACL - L3 default behavior

Hello, What is the default behavior of ACL of the L3 router interfaces in Ruckus / Brocade FastIron? By default, routing between virtual router interfaces is permitted or denied? I want to use Ruckus L3 switch for inter VLAN routing between two VLAN connected to virtual router interfaces...
  12. T

inter (V)LAN routing - basic question network topology

Hello, I have a basic question to inter (V)LAN routing and the related network topology with two routers in it. I am a home user and today my set-up is a router-on-a-stick configuration. One L2 switch to manage VLANs. All ACLs and routing done on the firewall. So far, all OK. For performance...
  13. T

network topology for 10 GBit fiber

Hello, I have a question regarding advantages and disadvantages of two different network topologies I am taking in consideration. The description and illustration below are simplified and does not show each detail like VLANs. I am upgrading my home network. Today PC 1 and Server already are...
  14. T

low power E5-2609 V3 ESXi build

For home use currently I do have a E3-1230 V3 ESXi DIY build. The main focus was on low idle power consumption (electricity bill and heat absorbtion). But once started with virtualisation the limit of 32 GB RAM was reached fast. Instead of replaysing my old workstation PC by a new one I thought...
  15. T

Server 2012 Essential connect to ZFS NAS

Hello, im my home environment first I was running a ZFS NAS (napp-it) on bare metal. Later I extended it to run the ZFS NAS on ESXi with pass-through of the ZFS drives. This gave me the possibility also to run some small VMs on the same hardware. Now I upgraded the hardware what gave me the...
  16. T

E3-1230 vs. E3-1230L for home server

Hello, I am not new here but I forgot my username or it was deleted after longer time of inactivity. So I restart as a beginner. I am planning to build-up a small 24/7 ITX server with ESXi (or maybe XEN Server) for home use. It should replace my old power hungry NAS modified Thecus with...