Search results

1. M

Ceph blustore over RDMA performance gain

I think SX6036 supports both VPI and Ethernet, so you can have RoCE connection. I'm using an old QLogic 12200 which I think can't do RoCE. With esxi 6.5 there's the same problem: the new drivers has only the _EN variant and I can bring up the network only with a direct connection between the...
  2. M

It is not. I'm using a relatively old infiniband switch that supports only pure old style IB, no RoCE. So, I have RMDA communication between the nodes (all the test utilities work perfectly) but not RoCE. If Ceph can communicate only with RoCE this explains all my problems. I was suspecting...
  3. M

Thanks, but no effect. The osd service starts as "up, in" and goes down after a couple of minutes and a bunch of heartbeat_check: no reply from x.x.x.x for every osd from the other host So I don't think it's a osd problem per se, but the services can't communicate via RDMA for unknown reasons...
  4. M

I've a setup nearly identical to yours, but I cannot start the cluster in RDMA mode. The OSD come up and then mark themselves down because they cannot communicate with each other on different hosts. Can you please share your ceph.conf and/or distribution/kernel version? Is this done with inbox...