Search results

1. C

How can I connect my external storage?

Would a riser card in slot 1 to install a PCI-e HBA sideways work?
  2. C

Here are pictures of the back, top view, top view without the 10G card installed and a picture of PCI card 2.
  3. C

The 10G card is in slot 1 labeled "PCI-E 3.0 x8 Slot for SMC-Proprietary Daughter (Add-On) Card", not the Micro-LP port. The motherboard is X9DRT-HF+ so it would have to be the 2027TR-H70RF+. Yes, I will take some pictures...
  4. C

The 10G card is a AOC-CTG-i2S which is a Micro-LP card. As far as I know, Supermicro doesn't make any Micro-LP HBA cards. How would I make that work?
  5. C

The installed adapter card is a BPN-ADP-SAS2-H6iR. I was thinking of taking out some of the hard drives on the front to run the cable from the sff-8482 if there was a cable that might work. The LSI 2008 says it is compatible with SAS expanders, why wouldn't that work? There is a Intel...
  6. C

The backplane is connected to the motherboard with a "JF2" connector, according to the manual. Yes, the motherboard is a X9DRT-HF+. One PCI-e slot is a SMC-Proprietary Daughter (Add-On) Card, the other is a SMC-Proprietary Micro Low-Profile (LP) Card. The server is only 1 and 5/8" tall so no...
  7. C

Both of those links have the wrong source pins. It is not sff-8087 or sff-8088. I believe it is SFF-8482 which you can connect a SATA drive directly to. As for the motherboard, the slot is "MICRO" Low Profile. So none of the standard or low-profile PCI-e cards will work. Supermicro uses a...
  8. C

I have a Supermicro chassis CSE-217HQ-R1K62MBP (4x servers) with motherboard X9DRT-HF+-NI22. The motherboard has 2x PCI-e slots that are priority Supermicro micro-low profile. The add-on cards they sell seem to be network only, no HBA's. The servers have a backplane with a LSI Logic / Symbios...
  9. C

Enclosure keeps going offline

@whitey I checked out the Highpoint HBA's, none of their products had enough SATA channels to meet my requirements. This is typically why you would want a RAID card.
  10. C

Enclosure keeps going offline

I have a server running Ubuntu 16.04.5 (up-to-date). I recently purchased a LSI MegaRAID SAS 9286-8e (firmware 23.34.0-0019) attached to a HP SAS Expander (firmware 2.06, 2.10) with 15 drives attached. The RAID card, the HBA and 8 of the drives are brand new. The drives are configured as...