Search results

1. U

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have the exact issue with my 6450. The fan is always at full speed while show chassis reports low fan speed. I just swapped in a quieter fan and haven't had an issue. No idea what the problem is.
  2. U

Is there any way to see the stack port utilization of the icx6450s?
  3. U

Yeah. It has a 3 port switch built in. I wish it was a simple ONT but the ISP doesn't allow any other devices. The model is an HG8045Q.
  4. U

Supermicro X9DRD 1U chassis 126 USD

Yep. It's a regular E-ATX board, just highly stripped down. The seller was (maybe still is) selling the boards separately for cheap.
  5. U

Pretty sure it's 1G, 10G or nothin.
  6. U

Interesting, I didn't consider just using spanning tree. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
  7. U

Say I had a dumb switch (my ISP provided ONT / router / switch device) and a stack of 2 ICX switches. Is there any way to create a two link failover type lagg setup between the dumb switch that doesn't support LACP and the switch stack?
  8. U

As already mentioned, the command is show license. You'll keep any license that's already on the device if you follow the guide.
  9. U

Can anyone give me any insight on multicast? I have an experimental proxmox cluster that relies on multicast, and it seems to work fine in the default vlan. On a new vlan I created, multicast didn't work at all until I enabled multicast active and multicast version 3. Am I doing this right or...
  10. U

If anyone was curious, the rails for these are really nice. They snap into the rack in about 5 seconds from the front and also lock open with nice pull tabs to unlock. They have quite a few slots, and can probably be modified to fit a lot of different chassis. I know for sure that they match up...
  11. U

Just wanted to let you know that the regular bios update works fine on these.
  12. U

Dang. That 7250 would be absolutely perfect for my setup. I'm going to keep an eye out for a cheap one.
  13. U

How to update firmware on Dell branded Intel SSDs w/o a Dell?

Hm. I'm seeing the same behavior using a dell HBA. Probably gonna give up and return the drives unless I make some sort of breakthrough.
  14. U

Were you able to flash them with a non dell system?
  15. U

Turns out the --force option required an input of 0, 1, or 2. None of these options solve the brand check. I'm poking around in the spsetup.sh file, and can see that it's checking for a brand id in some way, but can't quite figure out how to modify it to work.
  16. U

I got as far as unzipping the .bin file and poking around at the files inside, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing. The other thread mentioned modifying a .sh file, and I found a few lines referencing a qualified hardware check, but how to bypass that is over my head.
  17. U

Do you have any info on that procedure? I'm not familiar with it. I see that you mentioned it earlier in the thread. I do have an LSI HBA (H310 flashed to 9211-8i) that I can use. I tried the linux tool and got the error "This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration."...
  18. U

I know this thread is a bit old, but has anyone found a way to update the firmware on a dell branded intel ssd with non-dell hardware?
  19. U

I don't think it's anything special. The board is listed on the supermicro site with a new bios version as of September this year.