Search results

1. C

New Viking RAM-Drives

As per: Viking Launches VT-PM NVRAM U.2 Drives | http://www.vikingtechnology.com/products/nvdimm/vt-pm/ Looks like there might be a new king for ZIL/SLOG devices, especially when looking at very high networking speeds. Note: Viking also currently have 25TB/50TB 3.5" SSD, up t0 6.4TB 2.5" SSD...
  2. C

Smoking (US) Aquantia 5G/10G Cards for cheap

Found this one from anandtech: Aquantia Black Friday Nic Deal which is selling 5G and 10G base T cards for cheap cheap cheap. Card AQN-107 AQN-108 5GBASE-T Yes Yes 10GBASE-T...
  3. C

ZFS Pool layout Ubuntu

My C2D powered mac mini that was serving as my HTPC has just died :(. In addition to this, I've just been donated a fantastic new 4k TV from a mate moving O/S which the poor little thing just had no chance of driving anyway because it was 2009 box with a mini-dvi as its only functioning video...
  4. C

Con Colateral/Showbags

So yesterday I went to the Melbourne VMUG, walked away with the usual collection of mints, pens, bottle openers, usb devices etc. but there were a couple of items I picked up that stood out a little from the crowd: Pair of socks from Solidfire International power adaptor from Synology (with a...
  5. C

Airmont details released

So some preliminary details about airmont cores was released on Anandtech which has me more than a little excited for the Avoton/Rangeley revamp. With the 14nm shrink these little processors will become even more power efficient making them even better as storage or network security nodes. I...
  6. C

Suggestion: Front Page Updates

Patrick, could you throw together a script or something to clear the cache on the front page every time you put an article up please? Every time there is a new article, I am alerted to it on G+ or TapaTalk (on my phone), but when I go to the front page it's never there and I am sad.
  7. C

SAS3 to dual SAS2 breakout

So today, one of the junior helpdesk guys asked me if it was possible to go from a single SAS3 port and cable it to two different SAS2 expanders. His situation is that he snagged a cheap 4i SAS3 board off ebay and already has two SAS2 12i expanders (1x in 2x out on each card). He only has...
  8. C

Usenet

I have a bunch of invites for NZBGeek. PM me if you want one. I'll see if I can get the guy running the indexer to put up a post of of gear, from some small chats with him, the server setup he has running is fairly groovy.
  9. C

Detached Menu bar

Just wanted to check if anybody else is getting this issue or if it's just me. When browsing the main site everything is fine, however, once I get to browsing the forums the menu bar detaches and floats in a single area on top of anything else I scroll past. Excuse the bad circling, I have...
  10. C

What VM's do you run?

Background: I recently bought a Supermicro H8QGL-iF with plans to have it as a pure folding machine. However, I recently took another look at my QNAP 659Pro+ and noticed that not only is it almost at capacity (350GB remaining from 6x2TB Raid 5 [9.5TB]), it's constantly above 75% RAM and 50%...