Search results

1. S

PM1633a - Dell locked Firmware with Bugs

We have these drives pulled from a EoL compellent array and they are running bugged firmware. We have tried to cross flash the drives to ODM spec but always results in failure, we have tried to flash the patched firmware from Dell but since we dont have the running compellent anymore it also...
  2. S

Vmware changes ESXi license because of AMD Epyc and Intel CPUs with more than 32 cores

This license change is probably going to ship with 7.0, when 7.1 releases is when we will start to see Intel CPUs break 32cores and then 7.1 will roll back the license cost to be Intel Friendly. Remember the vRAM tax? Same shit IMHO. We are looking at Proxmox to replace our Ent+ deployment...
  3. S

ESXi EPYC 7002 NUMA boundaries are still a thing

Got some new BIOS code running on our R7515's that have 7352's slotted these servers are running ESXi 6.7update3 and I have found that VMware is not talking to UMA correctly limiting VM performance severely. Enabling 4way vNUMA in the BIOS then adding the vmx config line numa.consolidate=false...
  4. S

EPYC 7002 CCD Limitations

This is on a Dell R7515, currently there isn't any IF specific configuration options like there are on AM4/Consumer platforms. If the 32byte read and 16byte writes are the hard coded limits that would explain the single CCD bottleneck I am seeing. Like I said already, unless the system was...
  5. S

EPYC 7002 CCD Limitations

So after a battery of tests this past week and weekend before putting our new box into production I found what I think is a per CCD limitation that brings us back to needing to define NUMA domains at the CCD level to ensure throughput performance. This is especially true for VMs that have IOMMU...
  6. S

Issues with ESXi 6.7/EPYC and NUMA

I know this a month old thread with no replies, but I am seeing the same thing. What I have discovered is that there are 2 NUMA's being applied here, the CCX Compute and then the Memory Controllers. You can scale ram BW out by adding more ram then what a single NUMA has at full allocation with...