Search results

1. S

Hyper-v 2016 + Server 2016 Essentials as VM = lower than expected host CPU used

I installed the free Hyper-v 2016 server about a month ago into a spare Dell C2100 chassis I had lying around. The original configuration had dual L5530 CPUs - nothing crazy. I installed Server essentials 2016 for a home domain and a plex server. Everything seemed to run ok (I had 16 vCPUs...
  2. S

C2100 + H700 + WD Red Drives and Backplane Jumper Question

I'm looking to put together a home media server. I have had significant success with the C2100 chassis and the H200 board, flashed into IT mode for a linux backup server at work. For my home case, I'm looking at running ESXi as the hyper visor and running Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials in a...
  3. S

VM Corrupts RAID array on physical host - Hyper V

Gang- I have an odd problem that neither Microsoft nor Dell have been able to resolve yet. I know many of you have lots of experience and knowledge on both the hardware and the software side of the equation. This is more of a post of desperation / check to see if anyone has experienced...
  4. S

C6100 bios / CMOS issue

Based on the wealth of info here, I purchased a C6100 for our small business. I installed the disks and started working in the bios. It appears I'm on bios 1.70 FYI. Here's what I noticed: When I make changes to the bios (all 4 nodes behave identically) the changes don't appear to save. I...