Search results

1. scurrier

Brocade ICX6450-48P $99.99 or best offer shipped

Yes, that's correct.
  2. scurrier

MikroTik S+RJ10 SFP+ RJ45 v1 10Gbps Copper Module 30-39$

I have two of some version of these and paid $65 each. Good price here regardless of diagnostics or whatever.
  3. scurrier

GoHardDrive retailer (amazon / ebay) possibly forging SMART data, selling used HDDs as New ?

I took a chance on them today for two 6TB HGST drives that they say are "recertified." I doubt that, but I bet I will still get drives that are fine. I will qualify them for a week or two to make sure they're not garbage. If anyone has a good, simple qualification routine that exercises...
  4. scurrier

Ruckus R700 BO $90 accepted

I use an R700 in standalone for home use. It is rock solid and I'd highly recommend it. I think I paid $400 on eBay a few years back.
  5. scurrier

12TB Easystore USB HDDs @ BestBuy $180

Nice deal, I bought 4. Amex has a deal if you view your offers in your account to get 30 off 300. Makes the deal even better: $13.75 per TB plus tax.
  6. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

I went up to $17 ea. For qty 2 and they declined. Oh well.
  7. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

They turned down $15 ea. now on a qty of 2. Tried $15.75 and they're sitting on it.
  8. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Tried $14 and it was auto-declined. Seems that $15 is the lowest possible. EDIT: For qty of 2.
  9. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Thanks for checking! Gonna take a chance on it.
  10. scurrier

Dell satadom 64gb

Nice post, thanks. Anyone know if these work in Supermicro X10 motherboards without the power cable?
  11. scurrier

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Damn, schooled on my own AP...
  12. scurrier

If you look at the bottom of the 3rd page, it says, "Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with 802.3af/at PoE." My understanding is that it can do a lower performance mode to be compatible with old switches (802.3af mode). I want high performance.
  13. scurrier

Anyone know how to get 802.3at working on the ICX-6450-48P? When I run "show inline power" I see that my Ruckus R700 WiFi Access Point is running in 802.3af mode, not 802.3at mode. It's definitely capable of 802.3at, but can fallback to 802.3af. I want it running at 802.3at. There are no...
  14. scurrier

Does anyone know why Brocade offers two different firmware images on these switches? I understand that one is layer 3 and one is layer 2, but why did this require two firmware images? If the layer 3 image includes all the layer 2 stuff, what's the purpose of the layer 2 image?
  15. scurrier

Updating my ICX 6450 to the latest firmware caused the idle fans to quiet WAY down. Seemed like the old stuff was from maybe 2012 - ugh. Prior to updating, the fans would be full speed when booting, then quiet down but still be audible from behind a closed closet door. After updating, it's...
  16. scurrier

In the ICX 6450 guide here one of the first steps is factory defaulting the switch at the boot prompt. But it doesn't seem to recognize this command. Any ideas? ICX64XX-boot>> factory set-default Unknown command 'factory' - try 'help'
  17. scurrier

It works! - Chelsio T520-CR and MikroTik S+RJ10 10GBASE-T Module

Tested it at 10Gbps, communicating point-to-point with a Sonnet Solo 10G Thunderbolt 3 adapter through a Dell TB16 dock to a Dell XPS 15 9550. It's working great.
  18. scurrier

It works! - Chelsio T520-CR and MikroTik S+RJ10 10GBASE-T Module

I just got into 10GbE hardware thanks to @fohdeesha and his great tip on the Brocade ICX switches. I got a Chelsio T520-CR 2-port NIC and am using it in my FreeNAS machine. I am happy to report that the Mikrotik S+RJ10 transceiver that I bought for use in the Brocade ICX switch also works in...
  19. scurrier

I'm a long-time lurker and wanted to jump out of the bushes to say thanks to @fohdeesha for sharing this with the community! I do have a question on the ICX 6450 POE models. If I don't have a lot of POE devices, is there any reason to expect a significant power or noise penalty compared to the...