Search results

1. L

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Is there any way of powering down an ES30 (ktn-stl3) expansion shelve cleanly? The only way I currently can shut it down is through a power strip on/off.
  2. L

EU UK Cheap Fusion-io £150 3.2TB and £400 6.4TB PCI-e SSDs

So the official provided package "iomemory-vsl-3.2.16/" only works with a kernel up to 4.16.18. The releases after that are not working out of the box. With the 4.17 release there was a minor function rename but essential you can just rename the referenced function in the driver source files and...
  3. L

4.x kernels work because the source code was crafted to target that ABI. But as i said the Kernel ABI is not stable (functions were at least renamed/removed) so this proprietary kernel driver would need changes to work with a 5.x kernel which Proxmox 6 uses. Replacing this inbox kernel with an...
  4. L

At least all officially supported Linux Distribution are not using a 5.0 Kernel (since the newest driver dates to the 12th September 2018). We all probably know that the Kernel has no stable ABI and because of that all out of tree drivers will eventfully break. I am also quiet unhappy since my...
  5. L

Seems to be a known problem that at least Debian 10/Proxmox 6 and probably a 5.0<= Kernel in general do not work. [TUTORIAL] Configuring Fusion-Io (SanDisk) ioDrive, ioDrive2, ioScale and ioScale2 cards with Proxmox "We have checked on your query with our engineering team related to ioScale 2...
  6. L

is someone else using a modern Linux kernel and got the drivers compiling ?