Search results

1. A

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

I see my Mellanox MT26488 on there. I upgraded last night seeing if it might work - but it shows up disabled, unfortunately. Guess it's time to upgrade...
  2. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I think it really depends on the age of the switch and the environment it came from. On the newest firmware you could still hear my 6450 from behind a closed door - and the whine was the most noticeable thing in my entire rack. It probably was roughly the same decibel level of the 3560 it...
  3. A

Fluke 115. Specifically, it was reading 3.7v on low and 8.9v on high - same readings on both fan headers.
  4. A

Yeah, that is very strange. I took a meter to the fan header and at low speed I was getting ~4VDC and ~9VDC on high. Which would make sense in my case if the starting voltage is indeed ~4.5v, however it doesn't explain how your 6 CFM fan is running on the low setting.
  5. A

That second one you listed is the one I can't get to work on the low speed setting. I did look at the 6 CFM one but was concerned it wouldn't be enough airflow (my rack tends to run ~30c ambient). I figured it had something to do with the rated voltage. This data sheet has the model number on...
  6. A

Replaced the fans in the 6450 (PoE) with 40mm Sunon's. ICX6450-24P Router(config)#sh chassis The stack unit 1 chassis info: Power supply 1 (NA - AC - PoE) present, status ok Power supply 2 not present Fan 1 failed Fan 2 failed Fan controlled temperature: 61.5 deg-C Fan speed switching...
  7. A

Brocade ICX6610-48P-PE PoE+ 48 port - $175 shipped

Any fan recommendations to make this quieter?
  8. A

Awesome write up! After reading through the thread, I wasn't able to find any additional details regarding the mention of a needed license on the first page. Are these easy to find already licensed on Ebay? Is there a trick to determine if a unit being sold is properly licensed or not?