Search results

1. S

This community is awesome: Thanks!

Tldr: Thanks to this fantastic community, my workstation is still air-cooled and runs like a charm. Currently, I am running a C621-64L with a Noctua tower cooler and struggled to get my two GPU setups running with enough spacing between the cards to cool them properly. The first PCI slot is...
  2. S

Zen 4 + RDNA iGPU: What to buy?

I am looking to benchmark some specific things with OpenCL and AVX-2, AVX-512. Is there any particular board, or setup one could recommend? There is currently no AM-5 offering with a proper iGPU, correct? Best Martin
  3. S

Asus W680 ACE - ECC support not working

Ok, I don't want to hijack the other W680 threads anymore. So I am strating a new one here for my specific problem. I built a new workstation for video and graphics stuff, mainly with reliability in mind. The 13900k is a beast and the W680 plattform was the better option over a AMD in terms of...
  4. S

Asus W680 ACE - Block Diagram & Storage options

Hi, Does anyone have the block diagram of the Asus W680 ACE? I wonder how the PCI lanes are used and what implications I have if I populate all m2 slots. Further, can the SlimSAS 4i port be used for 2 U.2 drives? The mainboard should support bifurcation, as far as I have seen. I am...
  5. S

13900k W680 vs 7900x - DDR5 ECC support

I am looking into building a new workstation for mainly two purposes: Lightroom and Davinci Resolve According to the Pugetsystem benchmark, getting into a more expensive platform doesn't make sense because single-thread performance is still crucial. I am considering going for a system with DDR5...
  6. S

[WTB] M720q Accessories, PCI-E Riser, DDR4-2666 8GB SODIMM - EU prefered

Looking for some M720q accessories because maybe somebody is already moving on or upgrading even further: - 1x 8GB Memory: Hynix 8GB HMA81GS6CJR8N-VK (left over from potential upgrade spree? :) ) - 1x x16 PCI-E Raiser (x8 electrical): should be this number: The riser cards for the Mx20q are FRU...
  7. S

WTB / 'Borrow' - EU: Xeon Phi x200 compatible Mainboard

I know this is a long shot, but guys please check your basements :). I am looking to test and benchmark some pieces of software. Therefore I am looking for a Xeon Phi x200 compatible mainboard (or system). Borrowing for 3 months is also an option (of course, with a deposit!). The LGA3647...
  8. S

Which container manager do you guys use?

Hi guys! Which container manager do you guys use? - plain compose? - portainer? - Something else? I need this for my home server, to test some applications and stuff. But wondering what is the 'easiest' solution. Cheers! Martin
  9. S

Number Cruncher - High-core count, 'small case'

Hi, I just wanted to show you guys my new build, this forum has been a great inspiration for sourcing parts ;). My current rig runs a Broadwell-EP and I wanted to get a little more punch with AVX-512 and the journey started, because I found a 6212U for an incredible price. This workstation is...
  10. S

Dual EPS PSU recommendation

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good PSU with dual EPS connectors? My requirements: - Silent, no coil whine - Dual EPS - around 1000W I was looking for a be quiet straight power 11 1000w but they don't provide dual EPS as far as I can see. Cheers!
  11. S

Xeon Gold 62xxU - Mainboard compatibility

Hi, Which mainboards are compatible with the 62xxU? I checked out the Asus Sage C621-64L but couldn't find it on the compatibility list. Is that true, or ist that just something that Asus did not update on their website? Which mainboards would be suited for a 1P 2nd gen Xeon? Thanks! Styp
  12. S

Best workstation options on a 'budget'

Hi, I played with the idea last year to build a dedicated single or twin GPU rig for my ML experiments. I didn't build that one in the end because the GPU upgrade helped my trusty old machine a lot. But now its finally time to retire this thing, and without overbuilding it, I need a new 'daily...
  13. S

2.5 NAS drive recommendation (SATA)

Hey, Can anyone recommend a decent SATA drive with 2.5 inch for endurance applications? WD red would be a no-brainer if only they had a 2 TB or 3 TB option! Cheers! Martin
  14. S

Xeon E-2xxx vs Xeon D-2xxx for ML mule

Hey, I am in for upgrading some hardware and I came to the conclusion that I need an ML training mule separated from my current workstation. Can anyone explain the advantages and disadvantages of going with eighter platform for this use-case? I am considering to run 2 1080ti as for know they...