Search results

1. S

This community is awesome: Thanks!

Tldr: Thanks to this fantastic community, my workstation is still air-cooled and runs like a charm. Currently, I am running a C621-64L with a Noctua tower cooler and struggled to get my two GPU setups running with enough spacing between the cards to cool them properly. The first PCI slot is...
  2. S

Intel W680 DDR5 and ECC Reporting

My bad. 13900k vs 13900kf, I just found the screenshots. 13900kf: 13900k:
  3. S

Intel W680 DDR5 and ECC Reporting

The Asus Pro WS W680, 13900k, DDR5 ECC 4800 setup should work. I built a machine a couple of months ago with the exact same setup, and it worked. Just be careful: 13000 non-K does not work with ECC; you really need a K processor.
  4. S

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Any tiny-mini-micro with decent cooling for a 5700G?
  5. S

Can I escape ThreadRipper PRO with AM5?

Fingers crossed for some TRX50 workstation boards :).
  6. S

Zen 4 + RDNA iGPU: What to buy?

I realized there is no AM5 with 'large' iGPU. I think I will go with a Beelink 7840H - APU, Single Die, AVX-512 support. I just hope they are thermal super-stable for benchmarking....
  7. S

OK, I think i am confused with AMD naming The 7800x has a iGPU, but its not an APU, and the Zen 4 7000 series is the first one with iGPU? Are there any Zen4 APUs with Socket AM5 available or in the pipeline? Zen4 is a must, otherwise no AVX-512.
  8. S

I am looking to benchmark some specific things with OpenCL and AVX-2, AVX-512. Is there any particular board, or setup one could recommend? There is currently no AM-5 offering with a proper iGPU, correct? Best Martin
  9. S

Build for Machine learning and AI

I am somehow familiar with the field and in my opinion and my experience: - Save on the CPU, and platform - unless you need it - Buy at least 128GB Ram I would settle for a W680, 13xxx, 128GB Ram platform and start from there. It saves you a lot of money compared to a TR and can be used as a...
  10. S

Asus W680 ACE - ECC support not working

To my surprise. YES, k and kf behave differently. The GPU part is needed for the ECC; it is written somewhere on the Intel page. The biggest problem with the way Intel communicates is that the K is explicitly stated as ECC supported, whereas F is not explicitly stated as 'not supported'...
  11. S

Yeah, its the case... 13900kf: 13900k: But why is the return value 5, not 6? I anyhow have a feeling something is a little wierd, boot times are really slow.
  12. S

Nope but good idea to try. Intel Core i913900K Processor 36M Cache up to 5.80 GHz Product Specifications Intel Core i913900KF Processor 36M Cache up to 5.80 GHz Product Specifications I actually have a 13900kf external GPU needed anyway. Intel does mention ECC support on K but nothing explicit...
  13. S

Ok, I don't want to hijack the other W680 threads anymore. So I am strating a new one here for my specific problem. I built a new workstation for video and graphics stuff, mainly with reliability in mind. The 13900k is a beast and the W680 plattform was the better option over a AMD in terms of...
  14. S

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

Yeah, Pro N.
  15. S

Yes, actually I did. My device manager is not showing any unknown devices. Reinstall? --- ah btw. its a vanilla windows, no VM, Hypervisor whatsoever...
  16. S

How can I fix that in Windows 11? Are there any particular Bios settings?
  17. S

DDR5 ECC EC4 vs EC8

Afaik: on-die ECC is 72 bits. (64bits + 8 parity) 'proper' ECC is 80 bits (64 bits + 2x 8 parity)
  18. S

Yes I know, but why is MemoryErrorCorrection indicating 3, which is 'no-ecc presence'.
  19. S

I am confused... (as usual). I built a W680 + Kingston 2x 32Gb ECC workstation and Windows is reporting MemoryErrorCorrection 3. I use the latest 2305 Bios - what am I doing wrong? Mainboard is the Asus W680 one.