Search results

1. B

RES3TV360 bricked? please help

Good news, this did the trick, and my expander is working back again. The programmer software that I was using had an auto erase feature before every write. I couldn’t find a way to disable it, so I ended up manually merging both the corrupted firmware dump with the "no headers" firmware and...
  2. B

Unfortunately, flashing the B057 firmware (last one you uploaded) as is doesn't work. It's getting here pretty late, so I'll try your suggestion with the merging the original dump with the no headers firmware tomorrow. I might also take out my logic analyzer and see if the controller is...
  3. B

Yeah, I'm not sure that the raid controller is working 100% as expected, and unfortunately I don't have another sas controller to test with. Is this for sure an expected behavior from a MegaRaid? When I initially got the card I tested it without any hard drives connected and it was visible in...
  4. B

Thanks, I flashed the attached file, I was able to confirm that the first 1029060 byte are identical (see attached), but it doesn't seem to work. Any other ideas?
  5. B

Attached the expander dump. Finding the offset is what I'm having trouble with, while trying to avoid writing to the flash too many times. I believe that the PMC_BOOT string (offset 0x17FEA) is a good starting point. But, I have some other concerns: In both B024 and B057 from the web there...
  6. B

Thanks, I've already known about Broadcom's support download page, but I assumed that the BIOS can be obtained separately from the firmware, based on the storcli command line options and information that I found on MR recovery methods for other controllers. Anyway, I ended up downgrading the...
  7. B

I tried: disconnecting the power, BIOS reset, reflash MR to the latest firmware and even changing the raid controller PCIe slot, but none of that seem to help. There are a few flash chips on the SAS expander that I was able to identify, and my guess is that the firmware resides on the Micon...
  8. B

I tried to do a firmware update to an Intel RES3TV360 which was connected to a Lenovo 930-16i (MegaRaid 9460-16i), following by mistake the steps for the IT/IR RAID Instead of using storcli: Instructions for expander behind IT/IR RAID module or controller adapter (RS3FC044, RS3UC080...