Search results

1. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to reverse the physical mounting (and therefore airflow direction) of the fans in the ICX6610 to convert an -I to an -E variant and vice versa?
  2. E

Infiniband & ESXi shared storage confusion

I've not explicitly loaded it, it appears to load by default on 1.3.9 - trying to see where I stop that happening!
  3. E

Yep I've used that to set Eth mode on both interfaces Device type: ConnectX3 Device: /dev/mst/mt4099_pci_cr0 Configurations: Next Boot New LINK_TYPE_P1 IB(1) ETH(2) LINK_TYPE_P2...
  4. E

Thanks that's good to know - so iSER over 40GbE should still be possible then! In which case I have another question, the CX3 card in the server was originally set to Eth mode but ESOS still claims it with the ib_srpt driver - that's not right is it? How do I tell it to use 40GbE?
  5. E

This post is a bit rambling so apologies in advance, but the amount of knowledge on these forums is too hard to resist! I'm trying to provision some SSD shared storage for 2 (soon to be 3) ESXi hosts, the kit I have at my disposal is: 2x Dell Poweredge R720 (ESXi host) Dell Powervault NX3200...
  6. E

Intel Security / McAfee network appliance - anyone played with them?

The card turns out to be a dual 10GbE adapter + DH8925, the latter does seem to be used in crypto offload cards so I presume that's what it is being used for in this system...
  7. E

Yep it's an IPS alright. Sadly the images on that link are behind a paywall. Though ideally I'd like to repurpose / tinker with it rather than restore it to how it used to be. I can access the shadow password file so can either crack or reset that, but I'm not sure if it's even getting that...
  8. E

OK this thing is straight up weird, I had assumed the 10GbE controller I saw on lspci were the 2 SFP+ up front, but looks like that isn't the case. The PCIe card has 2 chips: Intel JL82599ES - Intel® 82599ES 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller Intel SLK96 - Intel® DH8925 Platform Controller Hub...
  9. E

Sadly just this one, and I've not seen any sold previously either, hence why I'm a bit kid gloves with it! Doing a bit more poking it looks like the front GbE ports are intended for passthrough, and it looks like either the FPGA or another ASIC would be doing the threat scanning. I've...
  10. E

I imagine so, I presume that is why it was disposed of in the first place - it's only ~3 years old... I want to image the original OS SSD before I try messing with it, as I don't have any login / credentials I will have to do some poking.
  11. E

This is a bit hopeful, but does anyone have any experience with Intel Security / McAfee network appliances? There doesn't seem to be a lot (well, any) information on the web about how they are put together. In particular I am trying to find information / reverse engineer the front network...
  12. E

Flashing ConnectX-3 QCBT to FCBT - OEM or Dell firmware?

I have a MCX354A-QCBT that I want to crossflash to -FCBT to get 40GbE, I think the card is OEM; it doesn't bear any IBM/HP/Dell etc. P/N, but haven't powered it up yet so not sure. The card will be going into a Dell R720, so should I flash the latest Mellanox OEM firmware, or the Dell specific...
  13. E

My 6610 & 6450 didn't come with ears or rails, I found a random set of Brocade ears from some old mid mount kit for another model that actually fit the 6610 holes perfectly, though as seatrope said there is a scary amount of droop at the back and it actually started to warp the ears, but I think...
  14. E

What does show media display for your cable? I had some random QSFP+ cables, some worked and some didn't. The ones that work for me show this: SSH@ICX6610-24-Router>sh med e 1/2/6 Port 1/2/6:Type : 40GBASE-Passive Copper Vendor Name: Amphenol Serial Num: APF13270034F27 Revision: F...
  15. E

Make sure you've upgraded the firmware, the fans should slow down and be less intrusive after the switch has begun booting (30-60 secs or so)...
  16. E

Awesome, I'll get cracking with the update later :D
  17. E

Ah yes I was indeed looking at the 6610! How do I know if I have a C12 model, I've only ever seen one 6450 in the flesh? EDIT: Ah sorry a quick google shows me it's a teeny desktop switch, I don't have one of those ;) Thanks again for your help!
  18. E

Just received my 6450-48P and about to upgrade the firmwares (plus it seems to have 2 10GbE licences installed too, bonus!). This is my first POE brocade, is the 'fcx_poeplus_02.1.0.b004.fw' file the one I should be flashing?