Search results

1. A

LSI Raid capacity expansion

Hello everyone, First of all the operation happened successfully. Here you are the metrics for those who would be interested to perform something similar: Set a drive offline, replace it by a 10TB and doing a rebuild (6TB drives were 90% full) : 16 hours --> 4 days in total. I needed to...
  2. A

Hello, yes I always have a recent backup that is offline and offsite, thanks for your concern :)
  3. A

Thanks for your replies. Buying another LSI card or 2 extra 6TB are not an option to me. I understand that swapping 6-->10TB then performing an online capacity expansion is feasible, even if needed it will take time. Thanks for your advices. Alexandre.
  4. A

Thanks for your answer, I’m aware it’s gonna take ages but time is on my side ;) Are you sure my raid card support it ? (I mean extending capacity after drive replacement with bicger sizes) Which function should I use ? Super thanks for your help !!!
  5. A

Hello everyone, I need you expertise on LSI 9361-8i raid controller. I have a 9361-8i with 6x 6TB WD Red drives in raid 6, running under windows 10 Pro. My question: if I swap drives 1 by 1 (e.g one by quarter) by 10TB drives, will I have the possibility at the end of the operation to expand...