Search results

1. L

WTB/WTT: Fusion-io ioDrive2 short bracket

Do you still have the half height brackets?
  2. L

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

ESXI host, wanted to use them for the VM OS space.
  3. L

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

Are these still worth it today?
  4. L

Where do the Supermicro yellow HDD trays come from? (eBay auctions)

I bought three with yellow tabs so far, one 2u and two 4u and the 2u had a label on it still from the original system seller. It was Penguin Computing | Linux-based Enterprise Data Center, HPC & Cloud Solutions - Penguin Computing , this may be where some of these come from.
  5. L

FS 8GB/16GB DDR Memory

If you decide to separate these please let me know, I am looking for 8 if you decide to.
  6. L

DIY JBOD Chassis. This all I need?

Very nice, have you tested the speed between the two enclosures yet
  7. L

Love them Caselabs cases, I have 7 of them now. Sad they closed down.
  8. L

Nothing wrong with that one. It is a 6 GBs card and supports IT mode it looks like so it'll be just fine for a jbod chassis
  9. L

You have the basics few suggestions only, 1. JBOD card here is the better board I would say and available new on ebay. I liked the second revision a bit better than the first and I am currently using a few of the second revisions. 2. External HBA here cheaper than previous listed and still...
  10. L

WTB 2 sets of Supermicro BKT-0012L

Most Supermicro stuff is up there in price, but I understand!!
  11. L

WTB 2 sets of Supermicro BKT-0012L

Supermicro BKT-0012L Accessories In stock
  12. L

this is painful to watch... yet awesome...

those look like the 45drives.com 4U chassis. 4U 45 Drives.com Bay SATA FREENAS RAID Storage server Intel i3-2100 3.10Ghz 8GB | eBay if they are close to the same hardware it looks like they are SATA II only. I like the robot though
  13. L

Supermicro Backplane and LED behavior

As far as I know if the drive is SAS interface the light remains on to show connectivity and flashes with activity. With a SATA interface it will only show the activity by flashing. If i am incorrect someone please correct me on this. In my 825tq backplane chassis it works like that and I only...
  14. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

That makes complete sense then if static can do that. I will try the stuff that LSI sent to me to load on the card. I will also try the suggestions above with the second card.
  15. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

Well last night I booted the system up to try to get the information requested earlier and noticed that the cards showed up again so I decided to boot to dos and update the firmware. Well when I attempted to flash the first card the sas2flsh utility said the bios was corrupted but every flash I...
  16. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

Yes, I have tried each slot on 4 different boards so far.
  17. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

I did ssh into my UnRaid install first and the outcome was the same. I figured I would try in freenas to see if there is a different outcome and there wasn't. I will do this again in UnRaid tonight through a ssh terminal and post the outcome here that way I can follow your guidance directly...
  18. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

3-5) so now it doesn't show in the OS when I booted in and typed the command it did nothing at all there was no output. only thing that shows anything is # lspci | grep SATA and it only shows the on board SATA controller. I tried this through putty into my freenas install
  19. L

2x LSI 9211-8i IT no HDD

As soon as I get home tonight I will get the above and get it posted for you. In advance I do appreciate everything.