Search results

1. F

Incompatibility between PSU and motherboard?

I tried every combinations… ATX only, EPS only, without CPU, without ram, ect. The C never start. No issue with the same PSU with a WC621D8T. Haven’t had the chance yet to measure de 5vsb
  2. F

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

No issue what so ever with the 1u cooler with a 3600 in my case. I let prime95 run for hours, I don’t think I saw more than 70C.
  3. F

I have a volt meter, but I am not sure how to probe the 5VSB, should I try to follow traces on the PCB comig from the ATX connector?
  4. F

Just tried, same behavior with none, 4, or 8 CPU12V.
  5. F

I guess the motherboard doesn't like the PDU. Found some examples online that some combo + PDU don't work. Not sure if I will keep the chassis in this case. @RolloZ170 do you think a 8259CL with a WC621Da8-T in a 2U case is a bad idea? I don't remember if I can limit the TDP in the bios.
  6. F

So I compared the reading with a cheap ATX PSU tester from Amazon, the Corsair and the Delta PSU seems to have close values (but it's not under load, except for the Delta PSU that still power the backplane). The only difference is on PG: 120ms on the Corsair vs 380ms on the Delta. Both values...
  7. F

So I compared the reading with a cheap ATX PSU tester from Amazon, the Corsair and the Delta PSU seems to have close values (but it's not under load, except for the Delta PSU that still power the backplane). The only difference is on PG: 120ms on the Corsair vs 380ms on the Delta. Both values...
  8. F

If I compare the data on the PDU sticker vs the Corsair specifications, it should be fine... I tested board with AST2400 and AST2500 without issue. Delta 550W + PDU Corsair RM850x +12V 42 A 70 A +5V 14 A 20 A +3.3V 10 A 20 A +5VSB 4 A 3 A -12V 0.5 A 0.3 A
  9. F

Nope, the board doesn't start automatically on the other PSU. IPMI doesn't start when plugged to the delta PSU, the BMC led doesn't even light up.
  10. F

That's the first thing that came to mind, I also tried the Gigabyte board outside the chassis (but with the PSU), same behavior. Here is the result: (yeah I forgot the CPU 12v connector, but the behavior was the same with or without it)
  11. F

It's this chassis: Textorm TXNC2U65-8H2P - PC cases - LDLC 3-year warranty I tested the other PSU with this motherboard outside this chassis, but I tested the other motherboard inside the chassis.
  12. F

If I trust the sticker on the PDU, it should be capable of delivering more W on the -12V and 5VSB than the Corsair. I sent an email to Gigabyte, will see if I can have a response before EOW.
  13. F

No I cannot use the PSU directly. Yeah I think I am screwed. 2U power supply are super expensive, I paid only 130 euros for this chassis with 8 hotswap bays and redundant PSU. Not sure if putting a 8259CL in there is a good idea too.
  14. F

The Corsair RMx should be a quality power supply... so in your opinion it's a motherboard issue?
  15. F

That's actually a very good idea, just ordered a tester. The PSUs should be brand new. I looked at the pins and compared the two 24 ATX connector, nothing seems weird at the eye. More info tomorrow with the tester :)
  16. F

Yeah, the issue is that I cannot RMA the PSU (because it seems to be working with other motherboards), and I cannot RMA the board becaue it works with other PSUs... I only have few days left to return for a refund the chassis, but it will be super costly to send back :(
  17. F

The PSUs work fine with my WC621DA8-2T. Is it worth it returning the motherboard? Or is it just an infortunate incompatibility between the PSU and the motherboard? I created a separate topic here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/incompatibility-between-psu-and-motherboard.43181/
  18. F

Hi, I got a 2U chassis with a dual Delta 550W platinum, and a AC-171A DC power distributor. I tested the PSUs on the following motherboard: Asus Prime X470-PRO (no BMC) Supermicro X10SDV-6C-TLN4F (with AST2400) Asrock Rack WC621D8A-2T (with AST2500) All these mobo work fine in the chassis...
  19. F

****. ME. I would have swearer that I tested it, but I decided to have a go again tonight. I got POST. Finally. But still no POST/BMC on the server PSU. I bought this chassis specifically for this motherboard...