Search results

1. J

PM1725a Availability or Comparible Unit?

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't heard of the 4608 - seems to just be a high capacity 4600? Optane would certainly be the fastest, but I think it's above my target ceiling in performance and price/performance. Luckily I'm not looking to stuff a server full of them - my plan was to RAID0...
  2. J

PM1725a Availability or Comparible Unit?

Hi, I bit the bullet and tried to order 2 HHHL PM1725a 3.2TB drives, specifically part # MZPLL3T2HMLS, for a bioinformatic computational server. We're looking for fast read/write with high endurance. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be out of stock of the PM1725a. I know the 1725s have been...
  3. J

Dell EPYC R7425 DIMM Operating Speed

Ok, well, that makes that decision. Thanks for the heads up. I did not know that.
  4. J

Thanks to everyone for their experiences; I'm relieved to know it's not just isolated to this design. We are considering LRDIMMs, but are leaning towards just funneling that money into buying more RDIMMs to fill up the memory channels on both sockets (1 DIMM/channel). We needed at minimum 256...
  5. J

Well we just found this from AMD, hot off the press for July 2018: https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56301_0.70.pdf Apparently specifically 32 GB Dual Rank RDIMMs are going to run at 2400, when populated at 1 DIMM per channel in systems with a 2 slots per channel configuration...
  6. J

Hi All, Just purchased our laboratory a brand new EPYC server from Dell - A R7425 chassis with dual EPYC 7451. I also purchased 8x32 GB DIMM modules rated at 2666. The BIOS is only recognizing them as 2400. In looking through the manual...