Search results

1. B

Help! Is my Xeon-D build dead?

Sorry to hear that you have the same problem. I never got the build working, and ended up requesting a return+refund.
  2. B

How to get beep codes on Xeon-D platforms?

Thanks. I have contacted the seller. Hopefully we can work something out, but no response so far.
  3. B

Ok, I can see that the BMC is not even initializing properly, since the BMC status LED is not blinking. I guess someone took a chance and unloaded a dud board on me. A "fun" $400 + $150 S&H lesson.
  4. B

I have a Gigabyte MB10-DATTO motherboard that does not boot properly. The system has IPMI, but I have been unable to find the IP, as I am not even able to enter the BIOS screen. As an alternative, I would like to have those old-fashioned system "beep codes" that alert to problems. I am hoping to...
  5. B

Thanks, I can see the MAC address on the sticker. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be configured for DHCP. I can't enter the BIOS since, as far as I know, the unit won't even POST correctly. I would like to use the IPMI to find any POST error codes for further troubleshooting, but there's a...
  6. B

Ok, I have now done a complete rebuild. And now when I press the power button, the system remains powered on with fans spinning. So that's something at least. Do you know the easiest way of getting the IPMI IP? Thanks in advance for your patience!
  7. B

I have now tried to reset the CMOS, and played around with a bunch of different RAM configurations. System still won't POST. Ideas anyone?
  8. B

Sorry, my reading comprehension was not so good. I tried the 4-pin connector in the 8-pin slot. What happens as soon as I plug in the computer is that the CPU fan starts spinning for a few seconds and then stops. Also the power indicator on the back lights up, but just for a few seconds...
  9. B

Thanks Marsh, yes that's the board! Thanks for the great news, maybe there is hope for my build after all... My PSU doesn't have a 8-pin connector, so I will get an ATX12V to EPS12V adapter and try again. It's late local time (3.30 am in Sweden) so I think I can finally get some sleep and try...
  10. B

So today I attempted to build my own Xeon-D system, but the system is not working correctly. When I press the "power on" button, I would expect the CPU fan to start spinning at least, but it does not. The power LED indicator also does not light up. Needless to say, I have connected the switch...