Search results

1. Q

Informations about DC HC520 12To ?

Hello :D regarding HUH721212ALE601 and HUH721212ALE604 (DC HC520 12to) I nee some help to figure it out some point. Maybe @MuscleLazy @napalm_atx could help :rolleyes: I bought some disks from two different ressellers, everythings works fine, but I have some question regarding those disks...
  2. Q

How to migrate ZFS pool to another ?

Like I said, it's a very long process (scrubing at each disk change), and involve a very high stress for the HDD. I dont like it, i prefer delete and recreate pool, as my pool contain only bigfile,the copy to the new pool is very fast. 24To copied in only 9 hours with the send and rcv.
  3. Q

Yes, I know the trick with autoexpand, but it's a very long process, I dont like it. I go with snd & rcv: zfs snapshot tank1@backup zfs send tank1@backup | pv | zfs receive -F tank2 (-F to force erase the filesystem to the target if fs already exist) Regarding Z2 vs Z1, there is no important...
  4. Q

Thank you. I don’t have played so much with snapshot. Only at the beginning but my pool was not big. But admit my pool contain 30To of data, which size will have my snapshot ? Auto answer: Size will be zero, but if I made change, size will change according to the file which will be add/delete...
  5. Q

Hello everyone, what's the best and easiest way to migrate a RAIDZ pool to another ? I'm running 8x6To RAIDZ1 and I would like to migrate the content to a new RAIDZ1 pool (8x12To) Both datasets are localon the same host. zfs send and recv ? Thank you
  6. Q

R86s Router

From which website ? o_O
  7. Q

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I bought the G2 as I don't need wifi / bluetooth :D And the difference between N5105 and N6005 is not that big. N5105 is quite powerful. edit: my only concern was the i225 for the 2.5G ports... but it will be fine ˆˆ
  8. Q

Nevermind, I bought a R86S o_O
  9. Q

Hello there :D I'm looking to buy this kind of miniPC to change my ER4 router. The N5105 is still recommendend over the N6005 ? What about the J6413 option ? (I will run 2 or 3 VM maximum => OpenWRT / Debian at least) What about ES/QS CPU in the new ship unit ?
  10. Q

X11SSH-F - No video output (VGA & IPMI KVM) after boot

Hello, I just found an old post on reddit about IPMI and iKVM "no signal" issue after boot sequence: No video output (VGA & IPMI KVM) after boot : homelab I have the exact (at least similar) same issue, but some times it works... e.g: not working when boot up the server, but many days after...
  11. Q

Question about ZFS L2ARC

Thnak you for feddback :) So in my case, it's not worth at all. Better choice, should be moving VM to the NVME disk I guess.
  12. Q

Question about ZFS L2ARC

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it should be interesting to set up a L2ARC cache with 32Gb of ram ? My actual system: 32Gb RAM 3*6To RAIDZ1 (I will add another vdev of 3*6To soon) (ZFS volume is used to VM, content sharing and backup right now) I have got a 500Gb 970 EVO NVME SSD and I...
  13. Q

8-bay cases for MicroATX

I had the Node 804 (that I am recycling right now, to put my old server components) and go for UNAS 810A (main server), I agree with all previous comment about the case, but like @KD said, when you go in prepared, it's the best option for build a classy home server imo (server is standing near...
  14. Q

Xeon E3 12x5 v5/v6 with E3C236D4U - iGPU question

Agree... Supermicro made the same "mistake" with some C236 board... FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  15. Q

Just to let you know :) We can't use iGPU with these board. Asrock Support Feedback: "I checked with RD and we can't add IGFX function on E3C236D4U, because there is no power provide for GFX on this module" I order SuperMicro X11SSH-F which can use iGPU. From Asrock Rack E3C236D2I can use...
  16. Q

Issue with E3-1245 v6 iGPU on X11SSM-F

Find out the solution with your help :) Just run: Now everything is good:
  17. Q

Ok I understand a bit better. Right now, i do not have any card in PCIE slot. I'm running Debian 9.6, but it's an old installation (Jessie > Strecth) It can be the issue ? How can I do to "normalize" this ? (if its possible) btw, thank you for the answer :)
  18. Q

thanks for answer :) can you output your full lspci output ? @casperghst42 Here my dmesg if it can helps: [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.or - Pastebin.com
  19. Q

Hello, just got my X11SSH-F, hardware transcode works fine (Plex), but i would like know why i do not have exact lspci output like casperghst42 ? I do not have "Intel HD graphics" like him. So I think i'm missing somethings ? My lspci output: Thank you :)
  20. Q

Hello, I'm wondering if someone get the same configuration and can tell me if he can use iGPU from OS only for encode/decode with QSV ? (the goal is to use hw transcoding with Plex) The point I'm sure, is that the C236 chipset can use integrated graphics instead of C232. But, I can't find...