Search results

1. J

Heating/cooling issues with CPU E3-1585 v5- on the MoBo -X11SSV-M4F?

These servers were designed to have the air pulled in and directed to the areas that need it via shroud. If you had the server in a 2u sure that would work better.
  2. J

I would recommend putting some standard 40mm fans blowing toward the IO shield (from the opposite side). A plastic shroud can direct the air from these fans to the passive heatsink. If you have no air moving over the heatsink I am not surprised the temps are alarming.
  3. J

STH actually did a review on this platform where they mention an active cooler. I don't think the fan would work since you are using a 1u chassis. Put one opposite of the IO? Would be close to the heatsink...
  4. J

That is an embedded system, you can't upgrade the processor. If you have high temps make sure you are using the shroud/duct.
  5. J

Unable to post after installing Oracle branded Samsung PM1750 NVMe SSD (2.5") on Supermicro x10drh-ct

Which slots on the motherboard did you try? How did you configure the bifurcation for those slots? Has the adapter been used successfully elsewhere?
  6. J

Unable to post after installing Oracle branded Samsung PM1750 NVMe SSD (2.5") on Supermicro x10drh-ct

Which motherboard specifically? Which adapter, specifically? Have you tried just a single drive in the adapter?
  7. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Oh yeah, that will do it. Awesome.
  8. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

When my setup didn't recognize a dimm slot it was because of bent pins. Have you ruled that out?
  9. J

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I am using four sticks of SK Hynix HMAA4GU7AJR8N-XN
  10. J

Replacing redundant 3U PSU with ATX or SFX PSU

I would strongly recommend checking out the superquiet/SQ power supplies. Surprisingly quiet operation without having to damage the chassis with questionable modifications. Add lower speed SM fans (the green ones IIRC) in chassis and you should be golden.
  11. J

B550D4-4L .....what are these slots?

Looks like Newegg put the wrong stock image in that listing, here is a picture+info of the actual board: ASRock Rack > B550D4-4L
  12. J

280W TDP CPU in Supermicro 2U?

Should work fine, perhaps swap out the fans with these: Supermicro 80mm Axial Fan (FAN-0136L4)
  13. J

iGPU support on E3C246D2I (Or any ITX motherboard w/ QuickSync support)

Based on this thread it looks like this would work fine - just needs to be enabled in bios. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asrock-rack-e3c246d2i.24231/
  14. J

Deleted

Can vouch for @culody - great to do business with. GLWS
  15. J

WTB: BPN-SAS-836A Supermicro Backplane, Direct-Attach SFF-8087

I have a few of the 836 TQ backplanes if that works.
  16. J

[FS] 2u SP3 Dynatron A26 heatsink/fan

Used in the DC for a year, has been sitting around for six months so I need to find it a good home. Looking for 35 shipped within the USA. Hit me up with any questions :) Jordan Edit: make that 30, $20 plus 10 shipping. or make an offer if this is unreasonable. Local pick up in Dallas TX if...
  17. J

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

So grateful for this thread! I got one of the last batch. Made an offer for 100 (plus the shipping) and thankfully they accepted. :) Notes: -has the sas3 el1 backplane -has the rear 2.5" drive cage+trays -rear backplane cables plug in to the expander on the backplane -came with SQ psus...
  18. J

FS: HPE Proliant DL360 G9

Howdy fellow Texan... just a heads up, you can get shipping boxes with the inner foam off amazon for $60. Good luck with your sale :)