Search results

1. N

FS: [US] S3610 800GB, EVGA 550 PS, Chelsio 10GB NICS

What's the wear levels on the Dell 800GB S3610's please?
  2. N

Updating HP Variant DC S3700 firmware to Intel OEM

I've been trying to flash HP S3700's to the Dell firmware, tried the editing device ID trick and the Dell tool recognises it and sort of starts to flash, but flashing still fails (drive is ok though). Anyone know how big the header is in the Dell firmware files so I can a more direct approach...
  3. N

CEPH: switching from HDD to SSD - HW recommendations

Any enterprise/datacentre grade, high endurance SSD's will be fine, which is why we went with the S3710's. PM883 is lower endurance, go for the SM883 if you want Samsung drives.
  4. N

Proxmox VE v5.x + Mellanox ConnectX-3

Flash the cards to MCX314A-BCBT (ethernet only) and you should be ok, they'll just be standard ethernet adapters, pretty sure most linux distros the drivers already. I can confirm Ubuntu does, so Debian probably does too.
  5. N

CEPH: switching from HDD to SSD - HW recommendations

We've built a ceph cluster with Dell R720XD's (25x2.5, 2680v2 cpus), 40gbit networking, Intel S3710 SSD's. Performance is as you'd expect, astonishing.
  6. N

Flash OEM (IBM) Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN with stock firmware?

I made a custom firmware file using the MCX314A-BCBT ini file, then flashed the exact same image to a variety of IBM, EMC, and stock VPI cards, all worked perfectly. Then ran mlxup after a reboot, it detected them as MCX314A-BCBT and updated them all to the latest Mellanox firmware as normal...