Search results

1. M

Atom Bay Trail dying because of LPC bus design flaw?

ah yes, you're right. Getting my info mixed up - found on another thread: Query for MOD add bios CSM mode (LEGACY support) - looks like it should be there, but is hidden (almost like they're testing the water with the option of releasing an update to include it later on?). I'm using a Syba...
  2. M

CSM is Compatibility Support Module. I think it basically emulates BIOS from UEFI, so allows booting to older/legacy devices. J3455M has CSM, so I could enable it and boot from my RAID controller, but no such option on the J4105M. I read somewhere that there seems to be the same lack of option...
  3. M

Just a quick update on this as it's kind of related: I had another look, and the J4105M seems to be an identical board (besides the faster processor and DDR4 memory). Ordered it (same price as the J3455M) but the big issue I found is that there's no option anywhere for CSM. I believe it should...
  4. M

Thanks @ullbeking - good to know the reasoning behind the returns. I think with the price of this board vs a more expensive board and other components, combined with cost of returning it (to Germany from UK), I'll take the risk. It's for a home NAS, storage as pooled NTFS drives, and anything...
  5. M

I feel a bit late to this one, having received an AsRock J3455M yesterday (and only here searching for it to try to work out why I can't boot to a RAID card). I'm not so worried about USB circuitry (aside from an initial boot from USB to install, I won't have any USB devices, and there is no...
  6. M

Just a quick reminder what Shipping can do...

I always worry with DPD. Depending on what it is, I'll sometimes get deliveries sent to the nearby DPD Pickup shop so I can check the packaging before accepting it. Unless I really feel like playing 'where did they hide the parcel', of course.