Search results

1. tby

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

Is there any way to get an SSH pubkey on an sx6012 (3.6.8012)?
  2. tby

[CLOSED] Intel Arc A40 Pro Single Slot GPUs

They just cancelled my order this morning. What we were missing is that it's restricted to system builders with a minimum order quantity of 20.
  3. tby

Xyratex SBB enclosures and compatible controllers

Get some "Kapton" tape and cover pin 3. If you get 1/8th or 0.125 inch width that makes it easy to cover up pins 1-3, none of which are needed. Example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KH0PHCY/
  4. tby

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe $69 with free shipping

Waiting to see what the BF sales bring, the last one of those I bought on Amazon in August was $79.99.
  5. tby

New Contender for the cheapest 4U full depth rack chassis? [$110 USD shipped?] [RACKOWL 13 Bay 4U Server Chassis]

I have two of these. One from eBay, one from Amazon. As far as cheap rackmount cases go, I've worked with worse. The rack ear brackets extend further back than is typical and I could not make it work with any of the generic sliding rail kits I have because the inner rail is set too far back...
  6. tby

WTB: Interposers for Promise VTrak x30-series

Got myself a couple VTrak J630s JBODs that were missing four trays and all the replacements I could find were lacking the interposers. Promise called it the SAS-to-SATA Adapter, or Blackjack. That's the one on the right side of the photo.
  7. tby

[WTB] CSE-PTJBOD-CB3

Who doesn't want a -CB3? I BO'd $48 on this -CB2 listing, might be able to get lower. https://www.ebay.com/itm/175840631329
  8. tby

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

I think so, might have to mount it higher than I did but I've got a decent amount of the cable folded over itself. I'm not running it full-time yet but that SSD was reporting room temperature while the other one in the top position was like 50C. I don't see how the HDD side of the case gets any...
  9. tby

I went for the 15cm version, looped it "under" the motherboard and attached to the case with double-sided tape. Got to be the best spot for airflow but that'll be like 18 screws to get at it again.
  10. tby

Mine arrived this morning. No SATA in the top B Key slot. Doesn't seem like anyone still makes B+M Key NVMe drives.
  11. tby

Received a DHL tracking number that shows as picked up, ETA 6/13. I drank the 1L TMM kool-aid a coupe years ago and am looking forward to finally retiring a Microserver Gen8 that has persisted because I had nowhere else to stick a couple LFF drives.
  12. tby

Daaaang, I desperately wanted one when they first teased it... 'til the pricing came out. That's a steal. In for one.
  13. tby

Ebay - HGST - Used 10TB SAS HDD - $62.89

I bought one from them a week ago for $64.89. Early 2018 manufacture, ~38K hours. No idea what's different with the 42C0 vs 4200 model designation but it is the exact same size as all my other HGST-branded 4200s.
  14. tby

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Oh, hadn't realized they took it away after I got mine in on Wednesday. The current $650 for 5 is what they'd countered with each time, from $725 originally. Still have BO on the 20 & 100 lots if you have way more money to spend than me ;-)
  15. tby

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

I got them to accept $600.01 on a 5-lot (rejected $525 & $590).
  16. tby

[COMPLETED] WTB - Several Rasbperry Pi 3s... (3B/3B+)

Once upon a time, my girlfriend lived near Microcenter and I might have developed a compulsion for stopping by for some Pi stuff. PM me an offer for what you want. I have 2x 3B barely used in cases, 2x 3B+ new, 6x 3B new, 3 more unused cases. Probably more kicking around but that's what was in...
  17. tby

FS: EdgeRouter Infinity

So you'd like to take a $900 profit on a product you bought under an agreement not to resell?
  18. tby

Can QSSC-2ML PCIe slot power >25w GPU (Quadro P2000)?

Anyone run a >25w GPU in the QSSC-2ML? Looking to use a Quadro P2000 (75w).
  19. tby

(CA-90038) FS: Supermicro Chassis/Barebones, APC UPS

Flipping a beta switch that Ubiquiti generously provided for free is kind of a dick move. Doubly so for not pointing out that it was a beta product which has been cancelled. There’s a thread on the Ubiquiti forums for trading beta gear without violating your agreement not to resell it.
  20. tby

Giveaway 850 PRO 512GB SSD's

Why post this? If it were legit, nobody else can get in on it. Except. You know it's not legit. We all know it's not legit. Why bother?