Search results

1. M

NAS with 10gb/s internal and external speed.

Did a write upon this using cheap 10gb nics honestly the 10gb would be overkill. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/qnap-tvs-1282-cheap-dual-port-10gb-sfp-nic-with-free-2-port-switch.24354/post-238991
  2. M

Free: 2U Heatsinks, DDR3 ECC, 4-Bay Atom C2338 NAS

Interested in the NAS if still available. Shipping to 23437
  3. M

FS: 5x 10TB WD external drives

interested pm sent
  4. M

QNAP TVS-1282 Cheap Dual port 10gb SFP+ NIC with free 2 port switch.

Only had issues with theHP/ melanox in my QNAP. Running them in my servers and desktop with no issues. After I found the emulex that worked in the QNAP I haven’t tried any others. I got the mikrotik MikroTik Little thing rocks. Has a router mode and a switch mode. Have only used switch mode but...
  5. M

Had some issue's with mellanox cards not being recognized. Tried a few different types/makes before i found the Emulex / HP card and nothing else would show up. Were you running re-branded cards. I always ran re-branded cards since i could get them for so cheap. $10-20 a card at the time vs...
  6. M

Peanuthead's "Clean the parts up" sale

Thank you for the MOBO and Drives. Excellent packing on everything. And an all around solid guy. Thanks
  7. M

10 Gbit NAS for home network limited by SATA data limit

I was looking at the original model from earlier in the thread. Sorry. The TVs-473 has the m.2 connections. Nice choice
  8. M

Also just looked up the specs and that model doesn’t have m.2 Sata connections. It comes with four 2.5” drive bays. If you get m.2 Sata drives for it you have to get drive adapters to install them.
  9. M

Was typing on my phone and fat fingered something. I have 4 1tb SSDs. In a raid 10. Honestly the only reason I had them before moving to 10gbe network was really to add the additional storage space. You will get a lot of different answers up here in terms of raid. Really boils down to what your...
  10. M

So the expansion cards from QNAP are expensive. Especially the QNAP branded. I have the TVS-1282 and just set up 10gb for and 2 computers on my network for under $100. I have 4 1tb ssd’s In the four 2.5 bays in a raid 10 configuration. Steady transfers at 1.1-1.2 GB/s. On a 22gb file. You have...
  11. M

So I had been looking to install 10gb from my QNAP to my desktop for quite a while. And while I could get 10gb cards relatively cheap for my pc finding one that was compatible and inexpensive for the QNAP is what kept me from pulling the trigger. Regardless of where I researched they were all...
  12. M

S2600CP Jumper

Did you ever find this out. Been working on mine and am wondering the same thing.
  13. M

Help!!! 16bay rack mounted enclosure retrofit

Right there with you. It has been really nice getting parts that actually work together and fit within their designated area. I was cutting drive caddies and enclosure supports to fit a micro atx board in the other enclosure I was trying to build. Not gonna go into it. I’m really happy now...
  14. M

Help!!! 16bay rack mounted enclosure retrofit

So I actually ended up getting a Supermicro 826 12 bay JBOD that I am building right now. It was fun retrofitting the cases to make what I wanted but started to become too much and they were gonna end up these Frankenstein boxes. Really happy with how the new server is coming along. Also I tried...