Search results

1. Z

Mellanox NIC Heatsinks

On a lot of the Mellanox NIC's I have seen on eBay contain a heatsink over the large circuit chip. They all appear to be a standard size and all the Mellanox cards I have seen appear to have holes already on the card for the heatsink. Where can I obtain these heatsinks?
  2. Z

Network NICS

What is the meaning and differences of the terms CCAT ECAT FCAT in NIC's?
  3. Z

Mellanox ConnectX-5EN 100GbE dual port NIC

Is $626.oo a good price for a 100GbE NIC
  4. Z

Windows Server 2016 - Samsung 970 Pro SSD

It sure seams strange that Microsoft supports the Samsung 970 Pro SSD on the Windows Server 2019 but not on the Windows Server 2016. Have I missed some type of announcement from Microsoft that the server 2016 will be replaced by the 2019 server soon?
  5. Z

Windows Server 2016

Can Windows Server 2016 be updated to Windows Server 2019 when it is released?
  6. Z

Windows 10 to Windows Server 2019 Robocopy Speed

I have two Dell 8920 Workstations running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. One system can be dual booted with Windows Server 2019. Both systems have a separate G: drive consisting of a Samsung 970 Pro 954gb SSD for Hyper-V Linux Systems testing and backup. I use robocopy to backup the SSD...
  7. Z

Windows 2019 Server - OpenSSH Server

Has anyone been able to get the OpenSSH Server running on the current release of the Windows 2019 Server?
  8. Z

Hyper-V Virtual Switch - Affect Host NIC Speed

I am seeing something I don't understand. I have a 40GbE NIC on my Windows machines that I was getting about 3000MB/s transfers from host a to host b. I then defined that NIC to Hyper-V on both hosts. Once I did that, the transfers on my machines went from 3000MB/s to 800MB/s. Note that...
  9. Z

Powershell NIC Command Problem

I am getting an error on a powershell NIC related command that is driving me nuts, what am I doing wrong. PS C:\work> Get-NetAdapter | sort InterfaceDescription Name InterfaceDescription ifIndex Status MacAddress LinkSpeed ----...
  10. Z

win2019 Insider - Cannot Activate

I am a Windows Insider and today I downloaded the Windows 2019 Server for evaluation. When I try to activate the server it gets aa 0x87e10bc6 error. Does anybody know is causing this? The network is active and I can get google and other sites.
  11. Z

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

I am trying to get RDMA working, however no success. I got the Diskspd version for RDMA working and followed the instructions from several online reports on enabling RDMA such as: My little Windows Garden Everything on my two workstations is setup as the above article states. But the RDMA...
  12. Z

25GbE NIC New

Amazon is selling a Mellanox Connectx-4 Mcx4111a-acat 25gigabit Ethernet Card - Pci Express 3.0 X8 - 1 Port(s) - Optical Fiber for $102.31 which is a very good price for this card. They indicate they have four in stock.
  13. Z

Windows 10 40GbE Network

I finally got a 40GbE network connection between two Windows 10 8920 Dell Workstations where I have some Samsung 970 PRO SSD's. On initial tests I am able to transfer 500 GB's of data at 2120 MB/s using the standard Microsoft drag/drop interface. Since the SSD's spec's show 3500 MB/s read and...