Search results

1. B

[SOLVED] Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF SAS controller not recognized

Just in case someone comes here through google: It probably was a hardware issue. After sending it in 2 times I got a working board.
  2. B

Do you mean Myths or my problem? Because I can't imagine my problem is caused by cooling issues.
  3. B

This took a bit longer than expected, mainly because of vacation. SM support suggested a few things and then requested me to RMA it, which I did. The RMA department checked the board and confirmed a dead controller and also a defect RAM slot and send me a replacement board. So far so good, but...
  4. B

Ok, I contacted support and will post the solution here.
  5. B

I reset the bios settings to default and then did these changes: # Advanced ## Boot Feature Quiet Boot: Disabled Option ROM Messages: Keep Current ## PCIe/PCI/PnP Configuration Onboard SAS Option ROM: EFI # Boot Boot mode select: UEFI @Myth the only option to actually disable the SAS...
  6. B

Well, I'm at least 99,9% sure I jumped the correct pins. No matter how much I could missunderstand the manual, there are only three options: pin1&2, pin2&3, no pins. I tried the first two options and reset the settings in the bios after that. I didn't clear the cmos though, as I don't know how...
  7. B

The SAS controller on my Supermicro X11SPH-NCTPF seems to be deactivated or defective. As I'm new to the whole serverhardware thing I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. The controller is not recognized by ESXi, there is no option during boot to enter a raid/hba setup, ctrl+c doesn't do...