Search results

1. lpallard

Yet another MariaDB "help me tune the **** thing"

No corrupt DB's (checked with mysqlcheck). I changed a bunch of variables according to your recommendation to reduce the innodb buffer pool to something more reasonable. I believe I had set a few variables in a way that they are too large which may impede performance. Will let the DB server...
  2. lpallard

I like the idea of mirroring the OS and VM storage which brings me to the following question: Would you get rid of the IBM M5016 SAS controller and simply go for two SATA SSD's (like Intel S3700) with RAID1 via ZFS? That would allow me to get away from the aging SAS drives and get better...
  3. lpallard

slow query log is active, and only contains hundreds of lines like these: (probably only due to mariadb service startup): /usr/libexec/mysqld, Version: 10.3.35-MariaDB-log (MariaDB Server). started with: Tcp port: 3306 Unix socket: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock Time Id Command...
  4. lpallard

I rarely bump one of my own threads but since I got no replies yet (perhaps because the question is too specific i.e. I should post on a DB centric forum), I feel the need to ask about storage. As I mentioned in my previous post, I need to upgrade the current SAS-based storage to a SSD model to...
  5. lpallard

APC UPS management strategy and sequential shutdowns

pfsense indeed supports NUT or apcupsd. I'd rather not rely on scripts via SSH to powerdown hosts and clients. You totally lost me on the last paragraph.... Your UPS'es are not doing any logics per-se, only sending network broadcasts of the metrics and something else catches these and...
  6. lpallard

APC UPS management strategy and sequential shutdowns

Hello, I acquired a NMC AP9360 management card for one of my SMT750RM2UC which is protecting a few devices and servers, namely my Proxmox host, a pfsense router and a 48 port switch..... Right now during a power outage apcupsd running on my PVE initiates a shutdown when the battery reaches a...
  7. lpallard

Proxmox VM's not booting anymore

UPS my friend. Not gonna help you with this but next time it will.
  8. lpallard

Title says it all ;) I am running a MariaDB/MySQL server on a Rocky Linux VM hosted on a Proxmox server. VM is dedicated to the DB server and has the following specs: -4 Cores (2 cores x 2 sockets) -32GB DDR3 RAM -DB storage is on an older RAID0 pair of Hitachi 15k600 SAS hard drives (will be...
  9. lpallard

SOLVED - Supermicro H8DCL-IF IPMI no longer can connect to Java Console

Thanks guys for replying. I contacted Supermicro in // to see what they had to say... their reply: "Yes, H8 Products have reached EOLed and stopped supporting all H8 products. (you might find some of products might still on SMCI web site for last BIOS, IPMI or driver to download; but...
  10. lpallard

SOLVED - Supermicro H8DCL-IF IPMI no longer can connect to Java Console

Hello, I have an older H8DCL-iF mobo that I am trying to connect to the IPMI remote console but Java wont let me connect to it because of security reasons.... I tried fiddling with the "java.security" files on my local machine to no avail. The error message is: Caused by...
  11. lpallard

Supermicro H8DGi-F change fan policy from ipmitool

@bellocarico : did you manage to remotely control fan speed/mode via ipmitool? I am trying to achieve the same with a H8DCL-iF and so far I've only hit brick walls....
  12. lpallard

825TQ Chassis with H8DCL-iF problem with fan speed/mode

Yes, but I am a bit short on money right now.... I just need to make this rig as quiet as possible for one month then this issue will no longer be an issue. I contacted Supermicro in parallel to this thread to see what they will say. I was somehow under the impression that this system was not...
  13. lpallard

@i386 this motherboard is not like the Xeon based motherboards, AFAIK it doesnt have zones but only 6 fan headers FAN1 FAN2 FAN3 FAN4 FAN5 / CPU FAN1 FAN6 / CPU FAN2 The midwall fans are connected to headers FAN1 - FAN2 - FAN3. I can try to connect one of them to FAN5/CPU1 but the other wont...
  14. lpallard

Will check for active heatsink but it wont be Supermicro. I could reinstall the old Noctua active coolers but the passive cooling shouldnt be an issue in a month or so when I move house and put these in a closet. I confirm the fan speed MATCHES the CPU load. I tested with stress-ng and its a...
  15. lpallard

(From this thread) Hello again! I got a 825TQ-R720LPB chassis and transplanted my old proxmox system into it. However, I'm facing an issue with fan speed. Basically they're running at around 3400 RPM but are constantly revving up & down. AFAIK, it seems to be matching CPU load (which would...
  16. lpallard

Anything better than SM CSE-LA25TQC-R609LP for 2U/8-bay SATA/SAS?

@kpfleming : the motherboard connector has a clear pin-out on the user manual, but where did you see the cable pin assignment from the PDB?
  17. lpallard

SC825 drive carrier red light (caused by misconfiguration?)

Okay I think this issue is resolved!!! Thanks @kpfleming !!!
  18. lpallard

Anything better than SM CSE-LA25TQC-R609LP for 2U/8-bay SATA/SAS?

@kpfleming : From the other thread about drive carrier LED issue... So I noticed you also use a PDB-PT825-8824 and reported that you can see power consumption, etc from the IPMI... I also use the same PDB although I use a H8DCL motherboard. I connected the I2C cable from the PDB (which has...
  19. lpallard

SC825 drive carrier red light (caused by misconfiguration?)

@kpfleming so if I understand, I'd need to move the jumpers on the backplane to match the SGPIO table as shown in the backplane manual? Is there a risk of destroying the RAID arrays (virtual drives) created with the M5016 or is the jumper reconfig is totally independent from the actual data on...