Search results

1. T

Recommendation for a new SATA HGST/WD Ultrastar hard drive

Hi, I am looking to purchase a set of new SATA HGST/WD Ultrastar hard drives. Which ones would you recommend - I've used the HGST SATA CMR drives before, and had good experience with them. Are the new Helium drives any good (I've read once the Helium leaks out completely, the drives are...
  2. T

Samsung PM9A1 (MZVL2512HCJQ-00B07) - firmware upgrade under VMware

Hi, Is a firmware upgrade for Samsung PM9A1 (MZVL2512HCJQ-00B07) possible under VMware ESXi 7.0U3m, via the following commands: esxcli nvme device firmware download esxcli nvme device firmware activate Current firmware on the SSD is: GXA7402Q. I've found a newer PM9A1 firmware upgrade...
  3. T

Enterprise SSD Choice

Hi everyone, Which of the following enterprise SSDs would be the best choice in your opinion for a VMware vSphere set-up: Intel D7-P5510 3.84 TB Micron 9300 Max 3.2 TB WD/HGST UltraStar DC SN840 3.2 TB I have a Supermicro server with PCIEX 3.0 x16, and x8 slots. Is there anything with the...
  4. T

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

My Supermicro machine only has PCIEX x16, and x8 slots. Is there something on Supermicro machines that would prevent the x4 adapter from working in an x8 PCIEX slot ? By the way are these Intel D7 SSDs backwards compatible with PCIEX 3.0 ?
  5. T

Thanks. Any recommendation on an ok U2 PCIEX SSD adapter, since I have no U2 slot support on my existing Supermicro server.
  6. T

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any enterprise SSD recommendations that work with VMware vSphere, in a similar, or a bit higher price range ?
  7. T

Hi everyone, Intend to buy Samsung PM1735 for virtualization use, so I'm wondering does Samsung PM1735 3.2 TB work under vSphere 6.5 U1 (I know depending on the retailer the firmware can differ, so does the firmware have to be the exact one as on VMware HCL), and is it possible to replace the...