Search results

1. C

neato for $50

15 more are listed at the same price, which makes me think this is a scam or hijacked seller account and not a price mistake...
  2. C

Proxmox VM as Steam in-home stream server

I've been using a VM for gaming w/ GPU passthrough since ESXi 5.0 days. First by passing through a USB controller too for keyboard and mouse, and now with Steam streaming. I use a TightVNC server running on the VM which seems to keep the GPU active and lets me set resolution and stuff, I have...
  3. C

Las Vegas Colo Decommission Thread - Much FS

I'll take 1x M40 if the pending sale doesn't work out.
  4. C

LSI SAS2008, IR mode, RAID 1 with two S3700; poor performance for a while after reboot

Yeah I'm not a fan of running SSD RAID arrays on these cards as backing for VMware datastores and I don't plan to do it again unless there's a firmware patch or whatever that gives a night and day improvement. I'm not too happy with the performance even with LSI provider removed but it doesn't...
  5. C

LSI SAS2008, IR mode, RAID 1 with two S3700; poor performance for a while after reboot

Do you have the LSIprovider/SMIS provider vib installed? Installing it completely ruined latency on an ESXi 6 machine of mine that has an IR SSD RAID1 datastore s0 I uninstalled it. This was around 18 months ago though so maybe they fixed it since.
  6. C

DIY commercial router kit

@cesmith9999 that's an SFP port, so no 10GB at all
  7. C

Who can tell me about HP DL380 G6?

It isn't nearly as loud as the dl180g6 (I own both) but mine still ramped up with unsupported cards to the point where I didn't want it in my apartment.
  8. C

Intel DC S3500 Series 600GB SSD SATA 2.5"

One of mine has 20TBW and the other 17TBW, both 16615 POH. No complaints here. @Weapon these are Intel branded. The HPs I've dealt with had it on the sticker and in the SMART data. @Jax_the_Gnome yep, $125ea from this seller 2 weeks ago
  9. C

Intel DC S3500 Series 600GB SSD SATA 2.5"

Whoops, I ordered a pair of those on BO @ $125 each a few weeks back but then totally forgot about them. I'll try to find the box tonight and check TBW/POH.
  10. C

Who can tell me about HP DL380 G6?

The noise is pretty quiet for servers, especially from that era, but I think that all goes out the window if you put in unsupported PCIe cards and maybe certain disks. If I'm remembering correctly H22x HBAs aren't on the list and the p410 doesn't support HBA mode so there was no way to run...
  11. C

Toshiba Enterprise SSD refurb 960,400 and 200 TB

What reported the 15.2 GB? 15.2 GB is ~14 GiB so they might both be right.
  12. C

Co-location in the Boston Metro Area?

I looked around at the beginning of last year for a spot to move a single 2U server and ended up shipping it out of state because I couldn't hit my price point within driving distance of Boston. I've been keeping my eye on a new one though called Endoffice in Somerville that could be an option...
  13. C

Bulk Optimize Media for Plex Direct Play

To what end? My libraries are around that size and I do 500GB-1TB per month to a half dozen active remote users and I've found on-demand streaming to be stable for a few years now.
  14. C

Can anyone help me create a Kernel Module for Xeon D Drivers for CentOS?

"gcc: command not found" is your current stopper. Fix with 'yum install gcc' or check out the development tools group that includes it and a few dozen other packages by default: yum grouplist yum groupinfo Development\ Tools yum groupinstall Development\ Tools
  15. C

Netgear ProSAFE XS708T Review: Quiet 8 port 10Gbase-T switch

Hadn't done it with putty before but I just checked and putty telnet to 60000 works on a GS110TP. Thanks for checking, and I'd also be interested in a tcp port scan to see if they killed it or just moved it.
  16. C

Netgear ProSAFE XS708T Review: Quiet 8 port 10Gbase-T switch

The GS110TP and XS712T have an undocumented telnet interface on tcp 60000, I'm curious if these new switches do too. I can put up with the GUI but I know some network admin types that won't.
  17. C

Plex for WD My Passport Wireless Pro - Portable Plex Server?

I thought I never had to think about something like this with my colo'd plex server, but I'm always having problems with getting enough wifi bandwidth at certain hotels, planes and my family's houses etc. I've been planning on getting the non-pro version of this for the road and manually...
  18. C

A warning for people looking at Netgear 10G gear

what happens when you set them to 10G?
  19. C

Am I losing my damn mind here or has pfSense 2.3 OpenVPN site-to-site config changed

Are you using a conf file straight out of 2.2? IIRC you'll need to generate a tls key (such as ta.key) and add the lines from the tls-auth section of the how to: HOWTO
  20. C

Rant of the week - peanuts

Worried that a little corn starch will ruin your otherwise perfectly good sewage?