Search results

1. L

My personal home lab (with pics)

Thanks for the photos, the config and all setup looks great!
  2. L

What is the Best RAID 5 Capable Controller for a C6100

I use two HighPoint RocketRaid 2300 for same task with C1600, because they were already. It's very small and works stably, but quite slow relatively more faster controllers like the Adaptec 5805.
  3. L

Build new home network, need some advice

mohsinj677 You mean the number of servers or something else? I use one (HP DL320s) for video surveillance recording, second for backups only (1U SGI Rackable with U3016 expander) and third for all other, it runs all software like media server, torrents, sharing my home media files, etc. Because...
  4. L

And question about Dell C6100 mezzanine IB card. It will work for all 4 nodes simultaneous?
  5. L

Thanks for the answers! Biren78 Yes, only 2 yet, but planned to buy one more, therefore need to buy Infiniband switch too. I'm afraid the Dell TL2000 will work only with FC 4GB HBA (or 4GB GBIC), Ethernet port can be used only for management. Have no idea how to connect it, and how to build a...
  6. L

Hello. First, please excuse me for my not good English. ServeTheHome.com is the best forum on home networks, where most of the participants smart and competent people. I'm building new home network and need you advices. Now I have: Dell C6100 - don't use it yet, but probably will use for...