Search results

1. M

Designing a low-watt, quiet, affordable server for home

It isn't a NAS. The intention for this build is to be a server. WS2012 is attractive for backups and management via the Connector software, DHCP server duty, wider breadth of software that can be installed versus, say, what is available in the Synology package manager.
  2. M

Designing a low-watt, quiet, affordable server for home

Hi guys. A friend wants a simple, affordable server for home tasks - filesharing, 24/7 operation for Bittorrent, remote access RRAS endpoint, etc. Here's what would be expected of it: Will run Windows Server 2012 (soon R2) Transmission Bittorrent client (Transmission Remote GUI on a separate...
  3. M

Testing & deliberately rebuilding PERC 6/i array

Here is version 6.3.1-0003, A14. It's the most recent firmware I could find on Dell's site, published eight months ago. Is there one newer than that? I was unable to find it when I searched for it directly. Also, it looks like this driver suite contains a collection of .exe utilities and the...
  4. M

A little off-topic, but my OMSA credentials were the same as my ESXi installation.
  5. M

Thank you for your input. Yes, in retrospect I realize it was a pretty hamhanded way to test a drive "failure", and I'm concerned about my testing methodology. I do not have the latest firmware. This is a whitebox, not a Poweredge, and the firmware on the 6/i when I bought it is 6.1.1-0047...
  6. M

Hey guys, I wanted to run some PERC 6/i behavior by the forum and see if it's to be expected. I have my 6/i running in my ESXi whitebox. It currently has two WD Reds in RAID1. I have the OMSA VIB installed on the host and OMSA Manage Node installed on my PC, which is where I configured the...