Search results

1. G

Fried my HP40L microserver - how can I access my raidz2 array?

Ah, cool, thanks. So ZFS will recognize the pool as a "pool" despite it being connected via USB instead of SATA/SAS? Thanks Georg!
  2. G

Many thanks, but you are one step ahead :-) I know the zfs import command, my problem is more "hardware related" (ie how do I hook-up the four drives to the new server?). Can I just hook-up the drive to an external hdd-cage and hook-up that cage to the zfs machine via usb3.0? Or would I have to...
  3. G

Hi everyone, Apologies if this is in the wrong group, but I think HDDs does not fit either... I have recently moved from my HP40NL microserver (running FreeBSD 13.1) to a rack mounted server (also running FreeBSD 13.1). Today, when I unpluged my old HPE server from the UPS in order to hookup...
  4. G

Quiet and efficient N54L replacement

Hi, I am currently running my N54L as a (home-)fileserver, mostly serving Kodi with HD material and running a small webserver. The server runs as a headless server on FreeBSD 11.1 with ZFS enabled (16 GB ECC RAM). Since I have the feeling it is reaching its end of life (unexplicable hardware...