Search results

1. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Anyone know how to import an existing SSL certificate into the ICX-6450? Have a wildcard for my domain that I've imported into most of my web GUIs (was kind of a pain for my SG-300, luckily someone else already figured it out) and I'm OCD with browser cert warnings. I've tried importing the...
  2. B

Brocade ICX-6450 DHCP problems with certain IoT devices

I've just always run DHCP on my L3 switch, I could definitely run it on pfSense. I guess in my mind it's simpler to have the switch handle all LAN duties. I think ultimately I'll move DHCP to my domain controllers with failover.
  3. B

Ha, thanks fohdeesha. I swear I searched the forum, guess I didn't look hard enough! I'm looking through your link, so TL;DR is it not possible to make the DHCP server on this switch "authoritative"?
  4. B

I bought one of the 48-port switches based on recommendations from this thread (thanks to fohdeesha for the help). This switch basically replaced my SG300 which was running all my DHCP server pools and trunking 3 VLANs for my home network. I have 3 TP-Link APs with VLAN tagging that were...
  5. B

Upgrading from a Cisco SG300 L3 10-port

Thanks I'll have a look at that thread, looks like that might fit the bill.
  6. B

Upgrading from a Cisco SG300 L3 10-port

I've run out of ports on my SG-300 POE switch (swore 10 ports would be more than enough for my needs :confused:) and am looking to upgrade to a better L3 switch with >=24 ports. The tentative plan is to keep the SG-300 and convert to L2 mode to run the 3 APs in my house. So I've looked around...
  7. B

Upgrade HGST SAS firmware on Dell R710 RAID 1

Sorry for the late update, I ended up reinstalling the OS on a separate drive to apply the firmware updates. It took a few different tries with different versions of the HDM program and I got one of the drives updated. Unfortunately the other didn't take the firmware and threw some kind of...
  8. B

Upgrade HGST SAS firmware on Dell R710 RAID 1

Hi, first post, hope this is the right forum. So I bought a couple of HGST s840 drives mentioned in this thread. The drives need a firmware update and I managed to obtain the upgrade files from the HGST website. I stupidly installed the OS on these drives when I got them, so updating the...