Search results

1. I

ESXi not properly detecting my Linkreal PLX8749 PCIe switch

Hi there, I recently got a Linkreal LRNV9349-8i (w/ the Broadcom PLX8749 chip) PCIe switch to upgrade my SuperMicro AOC3-4E4T. Here is my hardware specs: CPU: dual Xeon 8176 ES2 QL1F Motherboard: X11DPH-T Cables: 8pc Dilinker MiniSAS to Oculink SFF8611 cables (active, MiniSAS host to Oculink...
  2. I

ZFS planning question

Hi there, I‘m rather new to napp-it and am looking to use several drives to maximize their potential. I was wondering if anyone can comment to see if this makes sense and apologies ahead of time if it’s not the right sub forum. My primary use case is for a large virtualized Nextcloud host, and...
  3. I

Playing whack a mole with NVMe drives

I finally got my Intel D4502 U.2 7.68TB drives to be read. But unfortunately, everytime I reboot the ESXi 6.7U3 host, they randomly disappear then appear again after some reboots. It may take 2-10 reboots to have both drives appearing. They’re attached via AOC-SLG3-4E4T then BPN-SAS3-846-8N...
  4. I

ESXi can see NVMe drive, but guest cannot

I recently bought 2 Intel D4502 U.2 NVMe drives and installed it into my ESXi 6.7U3 host. After installing the right drivers, it's detected and I can format it to be used as a VMFS datastore. However, when I try doing a passthrough to a Windows VM, the drive isn't detected and cannot be...
  5. I

Help with Intel D4502 on ESXi 6.7U3

Hi everyone, I recently purchased 2 used Intel D4502 U.2 7.68TB NVMe drives and am having problems having ESXi 6.7U3 detecting the drives. Here's what I did: ESXi server -- -attached to Supermicro AOC-SLG3-4E4T HBA to Supermicro BPN-SAS3-846-8N backplane. (Have an Intel Optane 905p 960GB U.2...
  6. I

SM AOC-SLG3-8E2P 8-port Oculink not working with Optane 905P

I recently got a BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8 NVME backplane with a Supermicro AOC-SLG3-8E2P 8-port Oculink HBA card. I’ve been trying to get it running in ESXi, but I’ve encountered a problem where my NVME drives aren’t detected. Here are my specs: MB: Supermicro X11DPH-T BIOS v2.1 CPU: dual Xeon 8176...
  7. I

How to maximize Optane for ZFS in ESXi

I’m planning a new build and consolidating the hardware I have for a new ZFS server. I currently have 1x M.2 905P Optane 380GB and 1x U.2 905P Optane 960GB that I bought separately when I found good deals. However, due to their mismatched sizing and I’m new to ZFS, I’m wondering if anyone with...
  8. I

How to maximize Optane for ZFS in ESXi

I’m planning a new build and consolidating the hardware I have for a new ZFS server. I currently have 1x M.2 905P Optane 380GB and 1x U.2 905P Optane 960GB that I bought separately when I found good deals. However, due to their mismatched sizing and I’m new to ZFS, I’m wondering if anyone with...
  9. I

1st gen Xeon Scalable and high density LRDIMM support

I currently am running dual Xeon Scalable 8176 ES on a SM X11DPH-T (V 2.1) MB. According to the SM manual (https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/memory/X11_memory_config_guide.pdf), I don’t see high density DIMMs being supported. I’m looking at adding 4Rx4 128GB LRDIMMs with 16Gb chips...
  10. I

Tape drive not powering on in Dell TL2000

Hi everyone, I don't really know which subforum to best place this topic in but I'm quite desperate in seeking some help. I recently switched from a single external LTO drive to a Dell TL2000 library. I also bought another IBM Ultrium 8HH that's already in a sled and compatible with the IBM...
  11. I

Problem downloading Napp-It

Hi there, I've been trying over the last 48hrs to download OmniOS 151028 stable for ESXi 6.7 from the Napp-It site, using the Magentacloud link. However, I'm averaging only 60kbps on my 1Gbps WAN and the download token expires before I can complete it. Does anyone know where I can get the ESXi...